Now I Rise ~ Kiersten White

Photo credits to @verumpuer on Instagram

Now I Rise is the second book in the Conquerors Saga by Kiersten White. It's a tale of betrayal, trust, friendship, loyalty and war.

Synopsis: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Lada has departed from the Ottoman Empire, leaving both Mehmed and Radu behind. Accompanied with her troop of men, she is seeking to return and claim the seat to the Wallachian throne, where she rightfully belongs. Unwilling to gain power through a husband for it is just as unstable and unsure as power through a son, Lada is determined to win back her throne by herself.

Radu's feelings for Mehmed run deep and unrequited. He has always chosen Mehmed and if asked, would follow him to the ends of the earth, in which he does, or at least to Constantinople Mehmed's thirst to gain control of Constantinople is all he can see and he is willing to risk anything for it.

The Feels:
The betrayal and trickery of each character is astounding. Lada is extremely brave, courageous and a true warrior.  I love how she commanded her men and they jump at her beckon. And she isn't weak in the physical sense. Yet she is so perfectly imperfect with her feelings about Mehmed and her unwillingness to marry to secure the throne. Poor poor Radu, being used at every turn. Mehmed using Radu's feelings for him to help expand his empire! Mehmed to me
Is a lying deceitful character only in it for his own good. And Lada, she is by far my fav character but I fear that she's going down the wrong path wth all that violence...
~~~~~
🚨 🚨 Throne of Glass spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk. 🚨 🚨
Alsoooo i had tons of ToG feels! First Nazira reminds me of Nehemia so much. Seems so innocent but is so deceitful and so brave and just a character who has way more depth to her than you initially realize. And also Radu being shipped off to Constantine like Celaena was shipped off. Also Radu and Mehmed reminds me of Celaena and Chaol except it's a ship that never sailed. And Cyprian is Rowan!

Can anyone relate to the ToG feels?
~Christine ⚔️