Words on Bathroom Walls ~ Julia Walton

Photo curtesy to @michellawrites via Instagram

A book composed of all Adam's letters to his therapist. It portrays the life of a schizophrenic; his anxiety, thoughts and feelings.

Synopsis: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Adam is a schizophrenic. He hallucinates and sees and hear things that aren't exactly there. However this isn't like Holding up the Universe where Jack isn't specifically diagnosed. Adam has been diagnosed, he knows what he has and he's on a test trial for a drug to help reduce hallucinations, or at least help him realize that they're hallucinations.  The drug slowly works its magic and Adam is hoping for a brand new fresh start at a new school. And when he meets Maya, he figures he might just have that chance.

The Feels:
This was such a lovely book. I loved getting a look into Adam's life, but I do have to say. How is he so diligent in writing to his therapist? How does he remember every single word of everyday conversation? And then I remember...it's a book. (But still!) I feel like he should've been upfront with Maya. Of course not immediately. But as soon as they came to the conclusion that Adam's body was building up immunity to the drug. To be honest, in all YA novels if everyone comes honest everything will be ok. Except where's the fun in that? Rachael is my favorite hallucination although Jason is pretty funny. And as Adam came to the revelation at the end of the book it's totally true. Although Rebecca, Jason, the Mob Boss aren't 'real' to the rest of the world, they are to him and that's all that matters.

Stay Real
~Christine 💊👁