Words In Deep Blue ~ Cath Crowley

Photo curtesy to @knopfteen via Instagram

Set in a secondhand bookshop, it's a story that's full of twists and tangles and knots, but when unraveled everything fits together.

Synopsis: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Rachael: It's been three years since Rachael and her family moved out of town, and now, due to the death of her younger brother Cal, she's back. Back to the friends and memories she long left behind. Coincidently, she is working at her old best friend Henry's family's secondhand bookshop. The same Henry she had a major crush on three years prior.

Henry: Currently reeling from a nasty breakup Henry is shocked to find out that his best friend Rachel is back after all these years. She's changed but as time moves on they reconnect and get closer. However Henry is determined to win his ex Amy back, and he thinks that the reason they broke up was because of his unsteady future with the bookstore. So when the opportunity presents itself to sell the bookshop, Henry agreed.

George: George has been receiving letters (look below to Letter Library) and has slowly over time fallen in love. She believes that her letter writer is Cal Sweetie and she has no idea that he's dead. When she questioned Rachael on Cal's whereabouts, Rachael responded saying he was overseas like he planned to do before his death. So George in hopes of a relationship with Cal spurns Martin, who's sprinting a major crush for George and who is also working on cataloging all the books.

Fredrick: He's and elderly man constantly on the hunt for a certain book. A book that's just a book. But books are never 'just books'. This one holds meaning and emotional bonds to
him.

Letter Library: At Howling Books, there's a section specifically designed for letter writing. Many leave letters in the pages of books that mean a lot to them. Others underline and comment in the margins of other books. It's type hub of Howling Books and also The center of this story.

The Feels:
So it combines my favorites. Books and romance! What's not to love? Everything came together so nicely and the characters are so relatable. It doesn't just focus on the death of Cal but rather how sometimes something good can happen after a tragedy. Not because of a tragedy but after. Because I'm a firm believer that nothing good comes from disaster. Good can come after but not because. Anyway, take George for instance. She's this brutally mean girl, but she's only like that to protect herself. The plot line was sort of predictable but Fredrick's role in all of this was stunning and not at all foreseeable. The Letter Library reminds me a lot of Jane Austen but Is probably more Morgan Matson or Jenny Han. I hate defacing books but I really like the idea of leaving letters in books. It's romantic and hey, I'm a hard core romance fan!

Guyssss so you know that review I did a while back on Replica by Lauren Oliver

Guyssss so you know that review I did a while back on Replica by Lauren Oliver. Well the sequel is coming out 10/17 and guess what I got in the mail today!! Yes I got Ringer and I'm so excited!!

It's not just words
~Christine 📝🌊