Chapter 3

"We have some good news today, Asuna," My mom spoke as we ate breakfast together.

     "And what's that?" I asked, still groggy from waking up. Not that I was going to listen to what she must say, I just didn't want her to think I was totally ignoring her by not asking.

     She picked up some food, and gently placed it in her mouth, taking her time before she spoke again. "Your father is starting up a new business."

     I woke up a little bit. "Really, what for?" I questioned, totally ignoring what I was just saying.

     I always thought that my dad was a unique person in a way. He was the CEO for this company that had made some cool games. However, there was one in the making that was too high tech, and eventually the company couldn't afford it, so it had to be scrapped. My dad was also going to give my older brother the copy of it, which would stink, knowing that I would not get a copy because I was still in school and need to focus on my grades.

     I can study and play games. The game isn't going to run my life.

     "Not entirely sure yet. Mainly because he has so many ideas, and it's causing him to be indecisive. However, there are other complications too. But that's none of your business."

     "Wait, what's wrong?" I asked, confused as to why there would be complications. I mean come on, he owned a company before, how could it be difficult to get another started?

     "I told you, it's none of your business Asuna. There are things adults must take care of and that children don't need to be worried about. And that is now. So, please, leave it alone," She snapped and gave me an upset look. "I don't need you to be stressing over things that you aren't apart of. I would rather you be stressing over your school work, and looking at colleges."

     She's right, but I can't help but wonder about it. I'm excited to know what this company is going to turn out like, but at the same time, if these complications get worse, it probably won't be a thing. I wish there was something I could do.

     I continued to eat regardless, sometimes lifting my head to look at my mom, who would look at me back, but with her usual cold stare. Not that she had a grudge against me, and hates me with her guts. It's just how she was. Cold and intimidating exterior. Caring and loving interior. Well deep inside anyways. She can be cold and intimidating on the inside too. But I know that she cares about me, and that she wants only the best for me. However, it's her way of doing it. How she wants my future to be.

     "I know I shouldn't bug into it, but I really want to know what is going to happen. I know that you don't make as much money as dad, despite being a professor in economics, and that where we live is expensive- "

     "Asuna," She interrupted. "I told you to leave it alone. Can I not trust you to not trust us? We are handling it. An eighteen-year-old that is still in school does not need to be associated with adult fairs, especially their parents. Please understand and respect that."

     I sighed, and slouched into the chair. "I understand."

     "Sit up properly, you are not a slob," She told me, giving me her cold look again.

     I did as I was told, but instead of staying in my seat, I stood up. "Where are you going?"

     "I should be on my way to school now," I said as plainly as I could. "I'll be home in a few hours."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~