Chapter 9

Asuna

     Once I got into Language Arts, I sat down at my desk and pulled out my notebook and pencil. Inside my notebook were notes about the project we are working on. The teacher had given us two-three weeks to work on the mini skit.

     He had said that he wanted to make sure students were putting time and effort into it to make it good. Too me it seems a little too long of a deadline, but someone told me it's because Mr. Hirota was a drama teacher a few years back.

     "Hey Asuna," Kazuto said appearing next to me.

     "Uh, hi," I replied.

     "So, I've been thinking about what type of skit we should do, and uh... I think we should both be Romeo and Juliet and talk about the problems we are facing, but also why we should stay with each other regardless."

     "Oh?"

I never thought he would want to stick with the romance in the story. I figured he would want to change it. Unless he's planning something.

     "No kissing," I say.

     "W-What? No, I wasn't going to suggest that," He blushed.

     It took me by surprise. He is not like the other boys that I have met up in the meetings. Maybe I could ease up a little.

     "Good," I giggled. "Because that would be embarrassing."

     He nervously smiled and turned his head. "Hey, by the way. Would you ever want to go hang out sometime? I know this is your second day here, and you probably don't know much people yet. I just figured since we are helping each other out, we should get to know each other. It won't be a date or anything," He said quickly.

     He sure is unusual, but he is right. What would be the point of helping someone when you don't know them? And if he turns out to be like the others, I will stop.

     "Sure," I say.

     "Really?" He asked, and I nodded. "Uh, then, when should we? I'm free for two hours after school. The rest of the time I have to work."

     "Wow, you work already? Where?"

     He adjusted in his seat. "I work on computers. I guess a programmer is what I would be called, but I'm being taught by a family friend, so it's not a public job unfortunately."

     "It's still cool that you can start there instead of some fast food place," I say.

     Most people don't even work yet. I'm surprised that he does. He doesn't seem the type to do so.

     After a little bit more chatting, we both got up to tell Mr. Hirota what we will be doing. He seemed to eye Kazuto as he explained our concept.

     "Kirigaya, I'm surprised. I never thought of you of all people would not change some story lines. Well good luck, and don't leave Yuuki to do all the work," He said.

     "I won't."

     Throughout the day, we talked a bit more about things. Nothing really personal, just random things. And we both gave each other some tips. It was nice to have someone talk to you when you start at a new school. It's not so bad.

     "Yo, Asuna," A girl said behind me.

     I turned around to see Rika from my first period. "Oh, hi," I smiled.