Chapter 7

Sorry for the long wait you guys~

Asuna's P.O.V

     This is it. I'm actually here. I gripped my bag that was in front of me and stared ahead, looking at the school. Unlike my usual grey school uniform, I now wear a dark blue and white uniform, and the students didn't seem to alter their appearance at all, so they almost looked the same, except for their hair.

     I took a deep breath and walked into the school grounds, and I continued to look around, no one was napping on the ground or goofing around. So, this is what's it like at a school with students who actually want to learn. It's nice compared to my old school where it was supposed to be the best, but the students and teachers didn't end up caring anymore, due to a cut in pay a few months back. Maybe this is a place for me after all.

     I quickly texted Aiko and Kaori, letting them know that I will be fine and that I will miss them. Now to find my first class...

     I wandered about in the halls, looking at room numbers and I'm betting someone knew I was new because they eventually came up to me and pointed to the direction of the class.

     My first class was Language Arts. I believe it centered around English works, and if I'm right, we will probably go through Old English books. To be totally honest, English is pretty difficult.

     As I walked into the room, there were only a few students standing around talking, and one student at a desk. Almost everyone looked my way.

     "Are you the new transfer student?" Someone with brown hair asked me.

     "Um...yes. Is the Language Arts?" I asked looking around some more.

     "Yep, Mr. Hirota's class. What's your name?" They asked and walked over to me.

     "Asuna Yuuki."

     "Cool. My name is Rika Shinozaki," She smiled at me and I turned my head to look at the boy sitting at the desk.

     He looked at me too, but quickly turned away. He looked like he was really tired or something. Working hard on school work I suppose?

     "Um, so is there an open seat somewhere?" I asked.

     "Hm, I believe there are some in the back, but I'm not too sure, since I'm towards the front. Ah! Mr. Hirota, we have a new student."

     I turned around to see a man in his late twenties with auburn hair that was a bit short with framed glasses. "Oh, hello. You must be Ms. Yuuki. There's a spot for you in the fourth row, sixth one down," He says with ease.

     "Thank you," I said as the bell chimed.

     "Ok class, to your seats please," He calls out. "Except you." He motions towards me.

     I gave a nervous smile and followed him to the front of the class. I wouldn't say that I was stage frightened, but everything was still new to me, and I couldn't help feeling a bit anxious. As I was up there, most of the seats were now filled with students.

     "This is Asuna Yuuki, our new student. Please make her feel welcomed. You can take a seat now."

     I nodded and looked out to the crowd again to spot my seat, and when I did, I walked over. Everyone gave me light gestures and welcomed me. It was nice. I never expected that this would happen. I imagined people would glare and poke fun at me since I was new.

     "Now, for our next project," Mr. Hirota said with cheer, while everyone groaned. "Don't worry, it's fairly easy. It corresponds to our last lesson about Romeo and Juliet. The project will be a small skit about aspects of the play, but in a modern-day setting. You must have at least two people per group, but no more than five. If someone is left out, please find them a group."