Chapter 6

Asuna's POV

      School was the same. It never felt like I was leaving in the first place, and it made me feel more upset. Aiko would tear up every time she saw me and cling to me I tried to go to class. It was a bit of a hassle, but it made me view her as a little sister. Kaori on the other hand did her usual routine. I could tell she was thinking a lot because she would zone out in a couple conversations.

      Towards the end of the say we took a good amount of pictures with each other and exchanged ideas about meeting up certain days. (Aiko was the one who persisted about it.) However, I told them that it might take a week or two before anything like that could happen. Especially since I need to adjust to the new house and school.

      "Maybe you wouldn't need to adjust if you stayed here," Aiko complained.

     "Don't worry, after I finish school, I'll come back here," I told her.

     "But you're going to college and that takes forever."

      "At least she will have a secured future with better job opportunities," Kaori includes, sounding a bit like my mom.

      Aiko sighed. "You're right. I just don't want her to forget about us and make new friends."

     "I would never forget you guys! Even if I don't see you, it won't mean that. Friends will always be friends, as long as they keep believing in each other. And I do believe that you both will stay my friends. We have been through so much together and it would be a shame if that falls apart if I change schools."

     Aiko tears up with her cheeks flushed. "You're so kind Asuna. I don't understand why you don't have a boyfriend yet."

     My face scrunched up, but I also smiled. "Uh... I don't need a boyfriend you know."

     "Then you're into girls after all?"

      "That's not what I said!"

     "Gimme a kiss Asuna, let your colors shine. I know you want it. I'll treat you better than any of those perverted guys." Aiko wrapped her arms around me and tried kissing my cheek. "Kaori and I will be with you forever, don't you worry. Shoot, we will both marry you if it comes to it."

      "You're getting ahead of yourself," Kaori said.

     "But I'm a perfect candidate! I'm small, curvy, and- "

     "A child." Kaori finishes.

     "Sorry Aiko, but you know that can't happen," I said.

     "Well, it was worth a try," She let go and shrugged.

     "You joke around too much," Kaori flicked her head.

     "Ow, only because I'm comfortable around you guys." Aiko rubbed her forehead.

     Total opposites, but they can tolerate each other to a point. I hope nothing happens between them once I'm gone. I let myself smile. Though I might be leaving, I know this will always be my home.

     Two honks broke my internal thoughts and I turned to see it was my ride. "I guess I'm leaving now."

     "Noo, not yet!" Aiko rushed to hug me once again and Kaori followed suit.

     "Take care of yourself, and don't let your parents determine your future. Find a person that you can truly trust and love you for you," Kaori suddenly said.