Chapter 4

Heeey guys, sorry for the looong wait for this chapter. However, this might not be the best chapter to come back with since it's been a while since I've wrote anything, but I hope you enjoy regardless~

Asuna's P.O.V

     The subtle sound of pencils tapping, and zipping and unzipping of backpacks filled the rooms as we took notes. The teacher's lecture was an on-going litany, and some kids were starting to doze off.

     I never could understand how people could be comfortable falling asleep in class, especially if someone decides to pull a prank on them. As far as I could tell, I was probably the only one doing most of the notes while others were taking long breaks and day dreaming.

     I often envy people who have the time to do whatever they want and not have to work hard. However, I would like to keep my grades up and have to stress about failing a class or even getting punished by my parents. They are really strict when it comes to grades and succeeding, and I don't want to disappoint them.

     So, when the teacher scolded a student that was sleeping in the back, I smirked a bit. It's a bit funny. If people don't want to learn or do anything in school, why be here? They shouldn't waste their time if others are willing to learn. But all of my classes were like that and went by rather quickly. It was all the same within each of my classes. Talking, notes, partner work, lecture, and so on.

     By the time lunch came around I was just getting out of study hall. The library was fairly quiet, so once I stepped outside it seemed obnoxiously loud. I got used to it of course after five seconds, however I preferred the quiet.

     I looked around for Aiko and Kaori, but after a few minutes I gave up. Why do I always end up looking for them and never finding them? Well, they are my friends after all. Why wouldn't I? No one likes being a complete loner. But after those initial thoughts, I spotted them in a small group of students that were chatting amongst themselves.

     "Aiko, Kaori, over here!" I called out to them with my hand waving in the air.

     Once people stared towards me, I instantly lowered my hand, and my face flushed with heat. Why did I do that? However, I was saved from embarrassment when Aiko skipped to me, her hair bouncing barely off her shoulders.

     "Asuna, guess what?" She asked, but as I was going to ask, she continued, "I got more theories as to why Mayu left suddenly."

     "Not this again..." Kaori groaned, coming up to us, "Aiko you need to stop. It isn't funny anymore. What if one of us moves away? Would you want people making theories and rumors about you?"

     Aiko went silent and made a poker face, while I looked at Kaori. "Maybe that was too real for her."

     She just shrugged. "It's the truth isn't it? Things like that happen and I don't want to be in the middle of something that turns negative."

     We turned back to Aiko, who was laughing softly. "I would love to be in a conspiracy theory."

     "Oh, my word! I swear she will never learn what could go wrong." Kaori threw her arms in the air.

     "Come on, let's eat lunch already," I suggested, feeling a bit awkward.

     "Fine, fine."

     We walked to our usual spot on a bench, closest to the elective building, since we all go to cooking class right after lunch.

     "So, anything happen in class?" I asked as I took out my bento box and opened it.