Chapter 11

Long time no chapter~ Sorry about the long wait you guys.

Asuna POV

The next morning I got ready like any other day and walked down the stairs to find my mom at the end of them. She looked up at me, saying nothing. I couldn't tell what she was feeling, so I gave her a soft smile.

It's better to play it safe, I thought.

However, instead of returning the favor, she glanced away. "Asuna, listen-"

"I know mom," I say before she could continue. "I understand, and I apologize for everything that I had said. It was wrong of me wanting to get into adult affairs. I should've known better than to question your actions. I'll stop prying for now on."

She looked back at me. "No, you were also right. We should've let you know about the move. We were caught up in the moment, and didn't think it would matter if we didn't tell you."

From the way she was acting, it wasn't normal. So, my dad actually got to her? That rarely happens.

Her eyes kept glancing every which way, but there were no worried expression. Was it embarrassment? Was she embarrassed because she's owning up to her mistakes? She had never liked being wrong after all.

"What's done is done," I tell her. "There's no going back and that's ok. I can see why you had done it."

Well, not to the full extend but enough to get by for now. She then nodded and told me to have a good day at school. I was taken back, but I smiled anyways and headed to the front door.

"Asuna. I was thinking a little about that project that you're doing. Are you sure you should be meeting up only a few days of knowing the person? Why don't you do some research by yourself first and then meet up?"

Why did I feel like this was going to be brought up?

"I would rather go and get it done with my partner then to guess about what they might do on their own. I don't want my grade to drop because of someone else's mistake. Also, it was my partner's idea that we'd meet up and work on it," I say.

She sighed. "Just make sure you actually work on it and not goof around. I know how teenage girls act. Also, make sure you check in every once in a while."

Once at school, I was taken back by posters and tables set up in the quad. Some tables had many people waiting in a long line, while others didn't have as much. I then realized it was about joining clubs. I then lit up in excitement. What a wonderful way to be more active with the school! Maybe then I won't feel like I don't belong and can learn more things.

I walked past each table, glancing at the signs that had the club names on them. Tea club, book club, writing club, and so much more. Which ones should I sign up for?

"Asuna?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around to see Rika. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey," I say back still glancing at the tables. "How many clubs are here?"

There was a moment of silence as she also looked around. "Not much to be completely honest. Maybe around ten or a little more than that. But, I could be wrong."

"Oh, I see." I then looked at her. "What clubs have you joined so far?"

"Me? Well, I joined drama so far, but nothing else. Nothing else is appealing to me."