Chapter VI - Mark

A/N: (Y/N)'s birthday is going to be sometime in August. I'm sorry if that doesn't line up with your own birthday. Again, that's what worked for the story so thank you for understanding.

The videos that I record today seem to be just a little bit harder to record than they usually are. Not that I don't enjoy recording them, it's just that I find it difficult to focus knowing that (Y/N) is only a few rooms away at all times. I couldn't help thinking of this morning; the way she looked while she was still sleeping, the way she talked about the sky like it was the most important thing in the universe to her. My god, it was just so amazing.

I make sure to record the best quality videos that I can for my fans because they deserve my full commitment. However, I still find my mind drifting a bit.

I end my last video that I need to record for the day and go into the kitchen for a late lunch. I fix myself a sandwich and head into the living room to find (y/n) sitting on the couch streaming my videos onto the TV from YouTube. She laughs as I scream about the game I Am Bread on the screen.

She hasn't noticed me in the doorway yet, so I stand there for a moment admiring the way she tilts her head back to laugh. She's laughing so hard at me that tears spring into her eyes. "I hope it's not me making you cry," I joke, exposing my presence. She looks at me and can't speak because of her laughter. I go and sit on the couch to watch the video with her.

After the video is over she says, "Thank you."

"You're welcome..?" I ask. I'm not sure what she's thanking me for.

"For making me laugh. And for making my life a lot easier than it was a couple days ago," she responds. I can see her eyes soften and she wipes away the remnants of tears from her face.

"You don't have to thank me for that," I reply. "Making people laugh is my job and any decent human being would've done the same."

"But they didn't," she points out.

I furrow my brow and look at the floor. I hadn't thought about that. "How long had you been out there, again?" I ask.

"About a year and a half. It wasn't all that hard, but it wasn't easy either," she says. "I'd never really had to be an adult before that. So I don't really know what it would be like to be an adult anywhere but on the street."

I nod. I suppose that makes sense but that doesn't make it any less sad. "How old were you when you... Uh..." I start. I don't really know how to put it.

"When I was kicked out of my parents' place?" I nod and she continues. "I was about to turn 19. I had just graduated from high school but I didn't have a job and I wasn't planning on going to college. My parents were super strict and I broke one of their rules. I knew they would be mad at me but I didn't expect them to kick me out. When they did kick me out, they told me that they didn't know who I was anymore. They said that I had been acting 'uncharacteristically irresponsible' ever since graduation. And I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm telling you all this..."

"It's okay. You just need someone to talk to. And I kind of asked. If you want to keep talking about it, you can but you don't have to," I reply.

(Y/N) nods. "I think I'm good for now. But thank you for listening. You really have been too good to me." She smiles and laughs a bit. "So what are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"Well, you need clothes. So I figured we could hit the mall and get you some clothes of your own," I reply.

"You don't have to do that. I don't want you to spend your money on me," she says, shaking her head.