Chapter 1

Everything was bright. Bright lights surrounded me. My vision was blurry and I could hardly see anything. I couldn't hear anything either. All I could hear was the deafening sound of silence.

I sat up from what I guess is a bed. My vision finally adjusted. I was in a small room. I was in a hospital bed.

How did I get here? I don't remember coming here.

Now to mention it...I don't remember anything. Where am I? Who am I? I looked around more. I noticed long, brown, curly hair was hanging down below my breasts.

Then the door opened. I felt my breath get heavier and heavier.

A man walked in. He had a suit on and sun glasses. He closed the door behind him and stared at me.

"Uh, hi?" I said. He continued to stare at me. "Um, who are you?"

"Who are you?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"I-I don't now actually, where are we?"

"Amnesia. Huh, interesting. Whatever they were doing I guess they didn't want you to remember," The man said. My eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, a bit worried.

"Let me introduce myself first, My names Tony Stark and we found you in a HYDRA base. You were trapped in a glass box," He said.

I felt like I was going to throw up. This was a lot to take in.

"Do you have any idea what they could have done to me?" I asked, worried.

"Well, the nurses took your blood and ran it through a pregnancy test, thank god it came back negative," I sighed in relief. "And the only wounds on your body are burns."

"Do you know anything about me?" I asked.

"The only things we know is from a document on a HYDRA computer, your name is Veronica and you are 15 years old. That's it."

"Veronica, huh. I like that name," I said. He then started to walk out of the room. "Wait! Mr. Stark?"

He turned and looked at me.

"Yes?"

"When can I leave?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I might have a solution for where you will be staying until we can figure out what HYDRA was planning to do with you," Tony said.

"Mr. Stark? What's HYDRA?" I asked. His expression went dark.

"A terrorist organization group. They've done horrible things to innocent people, so they can be our biggest threat," He said.

"Your biggest threat?" I said.

"I'm in a group called the Avengers, we all have abilities that stop evil," He said.

"So you are a superhero? That's awesome!"

"Yep," He said before pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Oh you two are going to get along."

I looked at him in confusion. He smiled at me as he held the phone to his ear.

"Parker, I have an assignment for you...no you don't need your suit...no...Parker get down here or I'll change my mind...I don't care if your doing homework get down here, I actually need you!" He then hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"You'll find out in about an hour," He said before walking out of the room and closing the door.