Chapter 4

We walked into the apartment quietly. Peter gave me a hoodie he had in his bag to help hide the several hickeys on my neck. It wasn't too late. Only ten.

    May must have been in bed already. We walked to Peters room. I sat down at his desk chair and put my hands on my face, hiding it. I was ashamed about this.

    "What happened?" I heard Peter ask me. I took my hands off my face and looked at him, uneasily. I took a deep breath.

    "After you left to become Spider-Man, I was approached by that guy Kurt. He kept trying to talk to me and I was nice at first but then he insulted you and Ned. Then he threatened Ned if he interfered with us and he dragged me to a guest room," I stopped and took a deep breath, trying not to cry again. "Then he told me it was going to happen even if it was going to be hard, then he saw my cut and stopped, I told him to fuck off and I left."

    Peter just stared at me. He walked over to me and then moved the hoodie, slightly, revealing the hickeys. He glared at them then let go of the hoodie. He paced around the room, angrily.

    "Well, this night has been a disaster, if May see's those, she'll kill me!" He mumbled.

    "Why will she kill you?"

    "Because I'm suppose to look after you and I left you alone, I shouldn't have to done that...," He grumbled.

    "Peter, where did you go?" I asked. He looked over at me. "Why are you wet?"

    "When I was about to come into the party, I saw a large blue explosion, it ended up being some guys with the same weapons I saw the other night. I then tried to fight them but was picked up by this guy with metallic wings like a Vulture! He flew me above the city then dropped me, causing me to be trapped in the lake, then Mr. Stark sent his suit to save me, it was crazy, then Kurt Gordon happened."

    We sat in silence for a moment.

    "But then, I found this," Peter said taking something out of his bag. It was a metal thing with a purple glowing thing on it.

    "What the hell is that?"

    "I don't know, it came off one of the guns they were shooting at me with. I think it's like alien technology."

    "Woah," I mumbled.

    "I'm gonna try to observe it more tomorrow at school," He said.

    "Alright, I'm going to bed, you want the hoodie back?" I asked. He shook his head.

    "No, you keep it, at least until those fade."

    "Thanks, goodnight."

    "Night."

---

    I hadn't done anything that entire day. I was bored. May had been gone all day and when she was here, she didn't notice my hickeys.

    I was in my room when I heard the door swing open and fats footsteps. I poked my head out of my door and saw Peter and Ned rushing to Peters room. 

    "What's with the running?" I asked. Peter looked over at me.

    "One of the guys that tried to kill me came into the school today looking for this," He then held up the purple glowing thing from last night. "Then I placed a tracker on him, so we can find out where he's going."

    I nodded my head. This was interesting.

---

    Hours had gone by, I was sitting on the floor against the wall when Ned spoke up.

    "He stopped," Ned had Peters mask on, Peter dropped down from the ceiling, he was hanging upside down, and looked at the tracker.

    "Maryland?"

    "How are you going to get there?" Ned asked. Then they both looked at a poster on Peter's wall. Decathlon?

    "But you quit Decathlon, they won't just let you back in with open arms," Ned said. I looked at them confused.

    "Decathlon?"

    "It's a smart people thing," Ned said. I nodded my head.

    "It's in Washington D.C, we leave tomorrow," Ned said to Peter. I got a little nervous, he will leave? But what if someone decides to try to take me?    

    "How long will you be gone?" I asked.

    "Just two days," Peter said. "If anything happens, remember to call me."

    "I will."

---

    It was Sunday morning, and I had just woken from one of the worst memories yet.

---

    I was just put into a large glass box. People sat at desks all around me, the large room was dark and had a red tint to it. I was scared. They knocked me out and I had no idea where I was. Where was my dad? What did they do to him?

    A man approached me and opened the door to the glass box. He grabbed me and lifted me up, he took something out of his pocket and injected it into my fore arm. I screamed out in pain.

    "Tracker, just in case the Avengers decide to get you..."

---

    I shot up from my bed, trembling. I jumped out of the bed and ran out of my room and into the kitchen. May wasn't home. I held my forearm under a light. I could see a grey line. I never noticed it before. I started to hyperventilate.

    I ran to the home phone and typed in the number Peter had left me. I waited for an answer but it went straight to voicemail.

    "Damnit!" Then it bleeped for the voicemail. "Peter, I had a memory, they put a tracker in me, they know where I am! They put it in my arm, I can see it under lights, you gotta get back here soon, they could be outside of the apartment for all I know!"

    I hung up the phone and went to the apartment doors. I locked them, I shut all the blinds and sat on the couch, staring at the floor. I was a wreck.
The fact that I could see the tracker made it twenty times worse for me. I felt like at any second someone would bust into the room and drag me back to wherever the hell I was.
I laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. I need to think about something else, like Peter.
I can think about him. Yeah, that sounds great.
I can think about how he has an adorable smile, and how he is a hero, about how he's going to stop whatever the hell is happening with the weird weapons. If anything happens, he'll help me. He'll save me.