Chapter 26

Halloween.

My favorite holiday was here. I loved the thought of everyone dressing up and having fun for the night. It sucked that it was on a Tuesday.

Me, Peter and Ned were going to that party tonight. I was suppose to meet the two at Peter's apartment and May was going to take us.

I still had a weird feeling about this party. No one knows who is hosting this party, strange.

I had decided to dress up as a skeleton. I had a dress that had the bones on it. I also had thigh highs with skeleton legs on it. Peter was also going as a skeleton. Ned was going as Spider-Man. I laughed when Peter told me Ned was going as Spider-Man.

I finished getting ready and got dropped off at Peter's by Happy.

---

I knocked on the apartment door and it immediately opened. I then saw May. Her eyes widened when she saw me. She smiled happily.

"Veronica!" She then tackled me in a hug. I hadn't seen her in a while. I hugged her back.

"Hey May!" I said. She then pulled back.

"Peter and Ned are in Peter's room," She says. I walk into the apartment and smile at her before going to Peters room.

I walk into his room and see the two talking. I close the door behind me and clear my throat to get their attention. Ned looks over at me.

"Veronica!" He says happily before getting up and giving me a hug. I hugged him back. "I'm glad your okay."

"Thanks Ned," I say as we part. I look over at Peter. He is wearing a skeleton suit. His face has skeleton like makeup on it. May must have done it. I smiled and walked over to him and hugged him.

I then pecked his lips. He smiled at me.

I looked over at Ned. He was wearing a cheap looking costume of Peters suit. It was funny. He was holding the cheap mask next to him.

"Did you tell him about the Mangler?" I ask Peter. He nods his head.

"Yeah, I did," He says as I look over at Ned.

"Nice costume Ned," I say. He blushes.

"Thanks," He says.

"Should we go?" Peter says.

"Yeah sure."

---

An hour later, we arrived at a house out in the suburbs. Strange. Who lives out this far? I see tons of teens walking in and out of the house dressed up as monsters and stereotypical costumes.

"Alright, thanks for the ride May," Peter says as we start to get out of the car.

"Get home soon," May says before driving off.

I look at Peter before we start to go to the house.

"You got your suit?" I whisper.

"Yeah, under my costume, just in case, why?" He asks.

"Same reason, just in case," I say before we go into the party.

As soon as we walk in I smell alcohol and hear loud blaring Halloween music. I stand close by Peter and Ned. I recognized a lot of the people from the Homecoming party I went to.

I then see the few people I didn't want to see. Kurt Gordon, and Peters bully, who identified as Flash Thompson.

"Let's avoid that crowd," I hear Ned say. I looked over at him and nodded my head. Peter also nodded his head.