Chapter 40

3rd POV

It had been a month since the incident with the Mangler. Peter sat at the bedside of his aunt. She was in horrible condition. Her face was bandaged, as well as her body. The bacteria had stopped spreading, Stark had found something to stop it.

Peter held her hand and watched her sleep, her breathing was calm.

"May, everything's gone to shit," Peter said to the sleeping May. "If I hadn't brought Veronica with me to save you that night, none of this would have happened. Of course it was a trap, the Mangler knew I would bring her, so he brought her worst enemy to take her out. Two of my most loved people could have died then and there. But thank god you're alive, I don't know what I would do without you May."

Peter stared at her for a moment.

"But, she's not okay," Peter says, referring to Veronica. "She's been in a coma for a month May. I mean, you're still here too but, she hasn't woken up. She could be dead for all we know. That son of a bitch shot her. He's shot her before but this time it was different. It hit her in the back, her spine. Something caused her to slip away from reality and into a deep coma. She looks dead, her hands are cold when I hold them. I feel like she's left me. She has left me. If she dies, I'll be a mess. I'll be a wreak without her. I love her so much."

Peter let go of his aunts hand and left the room. He walked across the hall to Veronicas room.

Her room was dark, the curtains were pulled over the windows. It was gloomy. Peter immediately felt sick walking into the room.

Then the sick feeling grew more as his eyes landed on her. She was still dead asleep. The monitor beeped at its normal, calm tempo.

Her breathing was soft. He smiled slightly seeing that she was still alive. The cuts on her face had healed over time.

"Baby, you need to get up," Peter says as he grabbed her cold hands. "I'm gonna need you to get up. It's been too long. Spider-Man needs his girl. I miss having you sleeping next to me every night. I miss going and getting coffee with you. I miss the smell of your perfume. I miss the way you smile at me. I miss seeing your beautiful eyes. I miss seeing you blush."

Peter slowly started to cry.

"Stark says you should have waken up days ago, but you haven't. He's scared you have brain damage. If I hadn't brought you to that damn rescue, you wouldn't be like this, May wouldn't be like that. None of this would have happened to you. You can't leave me."

Peter chuckles.

"We've been in this situation a lot. And they always end up with one of us being okay. Please god let that be the case this time too."

He looked over at the flowers that were all around the room. They were from agents at S.H.E.I.L.D and Stark. Some were from Ned.

"I'm not the only one who misses you, you know? Ned misses you. Stark misses you. Agents from S.H.E.I.L.D miss you too. We all want you to get up. It's sad knowing that this was my fault. Spider-Man ruins everything. I'm so sorry, baby."

Then the door opens. Peters head snaps in the direction of the door and see's Stark. He smiles at Peter as Peter wipes his tears away.

"H-Hey Mr. Stark," Peter stutters.

"It's okay kid, you can cry," Stark says as he walks over to Peter.

"She was suppose to wake up by now, why won't she wake up?" Peter asks. Stark shrugs.

"We don't know, we just have to wait," Stark says. Peter lets go of her hand and stands, facing Stark.

"We've been waiting! I'm tired of waiting!" Peter yells. Stark flinches then stands his ground.

"Things like this take time! Don't freak out at me about this! I can't magically make her wake up!" He yells back. Peter cowers back and flinches at the yelling.

"Sorry," Peter mumbles.

"It's fine," Stark says before exiting the room and closing the door behind him.

Peter then sits back down next to Veronica.

"I miss you, and I love you. I guess that's all I can say now," Peter says before kissing the top of Veronicas head and walking to the door to leave.

As Peters hand was grasping the door handle he heard a raspy and familiar voice say,

"I love you too."

End Of Book One

--------------------------------------

Hey Guys, yes this is the end of book one. Sorry for making everyone wait so long, I had major writers block. I just want to thank everyone for reading this book. Yes, this is book one, this is a series. The next book will be published soon, I just need to think about it.

Thanks guys.