Chapter 21

I walked into the small coffee shop. Happy had just dropped me off. I had my phone in my pocket. I was wearing long sleeves to hide the scars I had just acquired and wore make-up to cover all the cuts and marks on my face. I wore the Saphrite around my neck and underneath the hoodie I was wearing.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

12:27.

Alright, he'll be here any minute.

I walked over to a table for two and sat down. I pulled my phone and looked down at it. I went online and started to search up more information about the Saphrite.

Nothing came up. It was like this was the one and only Saphrite and it hadn't yet been discovered by scientists, but discovered by SHEILD and HYDRA.

"Hey, you're Veronica right?" I hear a voice ask me. I look up from my phone to see a familiar girl sitting across from me. I saw her the night of the party. I never got her name.

"Uh, yeah," I said. She smiled slightly.

"I met you at the party remember?" She says. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I remember you, I never got your name by the way," I said.

"I never threw it," She smiles.

"Could you throw it out because I'd like to put a name to your face," I say. She nods her head in defeat.

"The names Michelle Jones, you can call me MJ," She introduces. I smile at her.

"Nice to meet you MJ," I say.

"So, isn't your mom back from wherever she went?" She asks. I look at her confused until I remembered we told people my mother was in Costa Rica.

"Oh, uh, yeah, got back the other day," I lied. She looked at me, suspiciously.

"Then why aren't you in Brooklyn? Peter said you lived there," MJ questions me.

"I-I'm on a date, with Peter," I said.

"Oh, cool," She says surprised.

"Veronica?" I hear the voice of Peter ask. I turn around in my seat to see Peter standing behind my chair.

"Oh! Hey Peter!" I said happily.

"I'll leave you two alone," MJ says while getting up from the chair across from me and starting to leave. She then stands next to Peter and pats him on the back. "Good for you, Pete."

She then walks out of the coffee shop. I exhaled before looking over at Peter who had just sat across from me.

"She goes to your school?" I asked Peter. He nodded his head. "She kept asking me questions, she almost seemed suspicious."

"That's MJ for you, a couple times I thought she had figured out about," He says before looking around and leaning into the table, whispering, "Spider-Man."

I giggle at his realization that he was speaking a little too loudly and had to whisper the last part. He smiled at me.

I then looked around for a moment before taking out the Saphrite from underneath my hoodie and unhooked it from my neck. I held out the Spahrite and stared at it.

"I threw it in the fireplace, it somehow just didn't melt," I said. He took it out of my hand and observed it.

"So you want to get rid of it?" He asks. I nodded my head.

"It just reminds me of everything that happened," I say. He bites his lip. He then takes a deep breath.

"I know what we can do," He says before getting up from the table. He looks down at his bookbag that he put on the ground. "Good thing I brought it, just in case."

His suit?

"What are we doing?"

"Come on, we have to go somewhere private," Peter whispers to me. I get up from the table as Peter grabs his bookbag and attaches it to his back.

We walk out of the coffee shop and down the busy sidewalk.

"Do you feel any better?" Peter asks me, while walking side by side with me before taking my hand in his.

"Yeah, I still sort of ache but not badly anymore," I say.

"Good."

"What about you? Is your wound healed?" I ask. He nods his head.

"Completely, it's amazing to think about," Peter says. He then pulls me into an alley way and closes the gate behind us. He lets go of my hand and walks further down the alley before taking off his clothes.

I smile at the sight of his abs. I couldn't help it. He smiled seeing my reaction before taking out his suit and slipping into it. It was all stretched out and large. He then stuck the bookbag onto the alley wall. He pressed the spider symbol on his chest causing the suit to tighten around him.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. He pulled me tight into him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and upper chest.

"You ready?" He asks me. I nod my head.

Then he shoots a web, causing us to fly up onto a building top.

I loved it. It was so much fun seeing everything from this high up. It wasn't too high but it wasn't too low, you know?

He would swing us onto every building top. It was cool outside, it was mid October. I hadn't really been paying attention to the months lately, but fall was my favorite season.

The way the fall trees looked from that high in the air was amazing. I loved the oranges and yellows from the trees. I smiled the entire time we were flying through the air.

Then Peter swung us to the top of the Brooklyn Bridge. We both steadied ourselves on the top of the bridge before letting go of one another.

I smiled at him.

It was a beautiful view. I loved New York in fall.

I looked over to see Peter holding the Saphrite in his hand. He looked over at me and held it out for me to take it.

"I think you should do it," He says. I smile and take it. I stare at it before holding it over the edge. It would go into the water and never be seen again. Never again.

I closed my eyes before letting go of the necklace. When I felt it leave my hand I felt a little bit of regret and guilt. I had just lost a powerful source that could have been useful at SHEILD, but, oh well.

I opened my eyes and looked over at Peter.

"It's gone," I say. He nods his head. I stare at him for a moment before getting closer to him. He lifts up his mask so it's just above his lips. He pulls me into him and kisses me, passionately. I kiss him back. I cup his face with my hands.

Our lips moved in sync. We ignored all the loud noises below us and above us. Wait, above us? I feel Peter pull away for a moment and look up. He then gasps and lets go of me, he pulls his mask down and pulls the hood of my hoodie over my head.

"What is it?" I ask him, quietly.

"News helicopter, they were taking pictures of us, we have to do this somewhere else," He says. I nod my head, wrapping my arms around his neck again as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

He held out his hand and shot another web, sending us through the air. As we swung through the city, I could hear the helicopter following us.

Them having pictures of me and Peter kissing was not good. It could get me into trouble, causing Peters identity to be exposed to the public. I just know how all of this stuff works and I can see it happening, sadly. It's already happened twice, it can happen again.