Chapter 8

I was staring down at the ground when I heard someone walking back into the warehouse. They're footsteps seemed heavier.

I looked up to see Toomes back at the pool table.

He looked over at me and glared at me.

"Peter Parker is Spider-Man," He spat. I felt my eyes widen and my heart dropped. How did he find out? What did Peter say? "Don't worry, I didn't kill him, but you being here puts me ten times deeper into the water."

"Well then maybe you shouldn't have kidnapped me in the first place, you had no idea that my friend is Spider-Man. Just sayin," I laughed. He growled under his breath as he walked over to the beam I was tied too and cut the ropes that kept me bound.

He pulled me up off the ground and put a zip tie around my wrists. My shot leg ached in pain. I wanted to take the pressure off of it again, but Toomes brought me over to the pool table and pushed me down to the ground. At least that answered my question.

"Now, we just wait a few minutes for her to get airborne," Toomes said to himself as he started to sip his next beer bottle.

"You aren't going to get away with this," I muttered as I tried to break the zip tie.

"I already have," Toomes said in a stereotypical way.

I then heard a familiar sound. It sounded like Peters web shooters. Oh no, because it is Peters web shooters.

"HEY!" I heard the voice of Peter call out. Toomes stayed calm and continued to drink his beer. "Surprised?"

"Oh hey Pete! I didn't hear you come in," Toomes said casually.

"It's over! I got you!" I heard Peter yell again. I couldn't see him though.

"Peter," I mumbled, breathily.

"I gotta tell you Pete, I really, really admire you. I see why Liz likes you. I do," I then saw Peter coming into view. His costume was different, not the normal one he wears, but it looks homemade. "When you first came to the house I wasn't sure I was like, really? But I get it now."

"How could you do this to her?" Peter said, still not noticing me.

"To her? I'm not doing anything to her, Peter, I'm doing this for her."

"Huh, yeah," Peter said before shooting webbing at Toomes hand, trapping him on the pool table and knocking over his beer bottle. Toomes huffed.

"Oh Peter," He mumbled.

Then Peter looked over at me.

"V-Veronica," He mumbled. He then saw my leg. "What the hell did he do to you? What the hell did you do to her!"

"Well when you were Spider-Man on the ferry the other day, you made it clear you knew her, so I told her to tell me who you were but she decided to not cooperate with me, earning a bullet in the thigh, but then I guess I answered my own question about who Spider-Man was tonight," Toomes laughed.

"I-I was trying to protect you, Peter," I said as a tear of fear and pain ran down my face.

"Peter, you're young. You don't understand how the world works."

"Yeah but I understand that selling weapons to criminals and kidnapping innocent girls to deliver to terrorists is wrong!" Peter yells.

"How do you think your buddy Stark payed for that tower? Those people up there, the rich and he powerful, they do whatever they want. Guys like us, you and me, they don't care about us. We build their roads and fight their wars and everything, but they don't care about us. We have to pick up after them, eat their table scraps. That's how it is. I know you know what I'm talking about Peter."