Chapter 32

Shortly after the police arrived me and Peter swung away, avoiding questioning. I was still in shock with the entire event that just happened.

Of course, I had expected to see stuff I didn't want to see and get hurt, but the pictures really got me. How long had he been doing that? I mean when has he had time to do that? He had constantly been attacking people all over New York, how did he have time to terrorize the city and stalk us?

Me and Peter were sitting in his bedroom, silent.

I looked over at the window that had been open in all the photos.

"I think we might need to put some blinds over that window," I say. Peter looks over at the window.

"Yeah," He says, then we go back into silence. The silence lasted a few moments before Peter spoke up again. "W-What happened back there? How did he become so obsessed with us?"

"I-I don't know," I say. "I mean, he said he was fascinated by us, the night of the party."

Peter stands up from his desk chair and moves to the window and stares out it.

"I hope everyone is okay," He mumbles.

"You saw them leave, right?" I ask. Peter nods his head and I sigh in relief. I was a little worried. He continued to stare out the window. "Peter, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just a little shaken up, that's all," He says while looking over at me.

"Me too," I say. He walks over to me and sits next to me on the bed. I feel his arms wrap around me as I lean my head onto his shoulder.

---

I was back at the small house The Mangler held everyone.

I was standing in the living portion of the place. Everything was destroyed. Blood was everywhere. I stared at the bloodstains.

"Veronica?" I hear. It recognized the voice as Peter's.

"Peter?"

I walk over to the trap door. It was open. A glowing light was coming from the trap door.

"Veronica?" Peter calls out again.

"Peter?" I call out again. The glowing lights suddenly turn red. I feel my eyes widen. I then climb down the ladder quickly.

Once I let go of the ladder, I turn to see Peter on the ground.

Not moving.

"Peter?" I say, before running over to him. I gasp.

His eyes and mouth are sewn shut, his face was bloody.

"No," I say. "No, no!"

"Veronica?"

I was confused, I heard Peter's voice call out my name again. But how? Peter's mouth was sewn shut.

"Veronica?" This time the voice sounded different, mutated.

I then heard laughter. I turned to see the Mangler. He was unmasked and holding a needle and thread. I held onto Peter's body. He wasn't breathing.

"Peter, Peter!" I say, now crying. I feel myself being ripped from Peters body and against the wall. The Mangler held up his needle and thread to my lips.

"Mouth it is," He says before putting the needle through a part of my lip.

---

I shot up in the bed, grasping my lips. It was a dream, only a dream. I noticed the light was on. I looked over to see peter, sitting at his desk. His head on the desk. I looked over at the clock.

3:02 AM.

"Peter?" I ask. His head shoots up and he looks over at me. He looked like a mess. His hair was a mess and he looked scared.

"Veronica, what's wrong, why are you awake?" He asks before getting up from his desk and walking over to the bed.

"I had a nightmare, why aren't you in bed?" I ask. He frowns.

"I had a nightmare too," He says. I frown as well. "About the Mangler."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask. He nods his head.

"We were here and I saw him at the window taking photos, then all of a sudden you were gone, I went out to find you but I couldn't find you, then I found a picture taped to the window of you. You were dead," He says, I see tears starting to form in his eyes.

I hug him. I rest my head on the top of his head and close my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say. I then kiss the top of his head.

"Do you want to talk about yours?" He asks. I pull away and look at him.

"It was similar to your nightmare," I say. "I was back in the tiny house. I heard you calling out my name, it was coming from the trap door. I went down there to find you dead, you're eyes and mouth sewn shut, he killed you. Then he grabbed me and began to sew my mouth shut, that's when I woke up."

We stared at each other for a few moments.

He then leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back. We kissed for a few moments before he pulled back.

"We won't lose each other, not yet, I promise," He says before leaning in and kissing me again. After we kissed, we got back into the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest. I leaned my head against his chest and feel asleep, peacefully.