Chapter 2

It was about 8 at night. I hadn't left the guest room since I first got there. I was sitting at the window, staring out. I could see the city. It was pretty at night. I looked around the room a bit more, I then saw a mirror.

I got up from the window seal and walked over to the mirror.

I had long brown, curly hair. I also had chocolate brown eyes. My face was clear of acne and was a bit round. I had a cut on the side of my forehead over my left temple.

Then someone opened the door. My head shot in the direction, it was Peter. He smiled at me, I smiled back.

"Uh, hi, are you okay? You haven't left this room all day," He said. I sat on the end of the bed.

"Yeah, I've just been...thinking all day about who I am, what they needed me for," I said. Peter sat next to me on the bed.

"Do you remember anything? Anything at all?" He asked.

"Like I said, being hurt and cold, and hearing the same phrase over and over again," I said. He stayed silent. "I meant to ask you, whats Spider-Man?"

His eyes widened. He shushed me and looked towards the door, frantically. He looked back over at me and sighed in relief.

"Okay good," He mumbled.

"Wait, your Aunt doesn't know?" I asked him. He shook his head no. "Wow, am I the only one who knows?"

"You and Tony," He said.

"Cool," I said.

"Well, I haven't actually gotten to introduce myself, I'm Peter Parker."

"Veronica."

---

I was laying against the side of the glass box. I was exhausted from everything that day, the constant burning, everything.

Then everyone around the glass box stood at once and looked in one direction. I weakly turned my head towards the direction of where they were looking.

A man was standing at the entrance. He slowly walked in, looking at everyone while walking to the glass box. He looked powerful, he must lead these horrible people.

He stopped at the box and stared at me. He had a nasty scar across his eye. He shouted something and a hole formed in the glass box, letting him slip inside.

He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me up in a rough hold. I whimpered as he pulled me out of the box and into the crowd.

Everyone was silent. He cleared his throat.

"Dieses Mädchen ist die Tochter des Gegners! Sie zu töten, würde sie sofort mit ihnen beenden, aber ich habe eine bessere Idee, sie kann zu anderen Dingen fähig sein, Dinge, die uns im Krieg und im Leben helfen könnten. Sie kann der Schlüssel unserer Freiheit sein. Sie wird derjenige sein, der SH.E.I.L.D abholen und uns übernehmen kann."

Everyone started to cheer. I had no idea what he had just said, he then turned me to face him. He took out a switch blade and held it close to my forehead. I squirmed in his grip.

„Alles was wir brauchen ist, das Mädchen zu markieren und dann ist ihr Blut und die Freiheit in unserem Griff ..." He then looked down at me. „This will hurt."

He then cut up the side of my forehead. I screamed in pain.

---

"Veronica! Veronica!" My eyes shot open and I shot up in the bed. I looked over and saw a worried May and Peter. They both looked exhausted and tired. I looked over at the bedside table clock.