Chapter 18

At least an hour had passed. Ned kept telling me they were getting closer and closer. Closer and closer.

I had a plan. A good plan.

"They are approaching, get ready!" I hear Ned say in my ear. I raise the gun at the glass. Any second I would shoot that gun and it would give me freedom from this hellhole. I was going to get out alive.

I took a deep breath.

"Ned are they closer?" I ask quietly.

"Two hundred feet," He says.

"Good."

I took another deep breath before closing my eyes and looking down at the ground, trying to shield my face from the glass.

Then everything goes silent for a moment.

I took one last deep breath before pulling the trigger.

The bullet shot into the glass. I expected to hear lots of breaking glass, but I hear nothing. I look to see the bullet only cracked the glass a little bit and made a hole in the middle of the glass.

"Damnit!" I yelled. I looked down at the gun. A wasted bullet. Great.

Then I heard a crash before the ceiling of the glass box started to break. I gasped as I put my hands on top of my head and dropped to the ground, shielding my face from the glass. I felt the weight of the glass as I heard the entire glass box shatter.

When the noise stopped, I only heard a blazing noise. I look up to see Stark in his Iron Man suit floating down from a hole in the ceiling. He must have broken the box when he broke the ceiling.

"Mr. Stark!" I said happily. He looked down at me.

"Veronica come on! I'm getting you out of here!" He says, holding out his hand to me, looking around frantically as an alarm started to sound. A red light started to light up the room.

I looked down at the gun gripped in my hand.

"I have to do something," I said, not looking at Stark.

"What?! Veronica come on! We have to go!" He yells. I look up at him then back down at the gun. "This is about your father? Isn't it?"

"Of course it is, and other things," I say.

"What other things?" Stark yells.

"The damage he did to my body! He beat me! He marked me! He got someone to rape me!" I yelled, tearing up at the mention of it.

"WHAT?!" Stark yelled on the top of his lungs.

Then the door was bust down.

"Freeze!" I hear a familiar voice yell. I looked over to see the man who raped me.

"Him. He did it," I said with venom in my voice, not even looking away from him. All I saw was a flash next to me and then the man was gone. I look next to me, Stark was gone too. He'll take care of him.

I gripped the gun before stepping out of the glass and running.

---

I ran through the almost empty, large building. They must have already taken out a lot of HYDRA agents, or they evacuated.

All I focused on was finding Peter and Helgen. Peter wasn't with Stark so that meant he was trying to find Helgen.

I ran around the building hearing lots of yells and grunts from Helgen and Peter.