Chapter 6

The Monday Peter went back to school, he was a hero. Ned had told me everyone was praising him at school and Peter loved it.

"Yeah, then he said he was too good for school and tried to walk out, in front of the principal, causing him to get caught, so now he has detention forever now," Ned explained to me on the home phone.

"Then why did he try to leave in front of the principal?" I asked.

"He didn't know he was there," Ned said.

"Oh, how are you calling me right now? Aren't you in school?" I asked.

"Yeah I am, but I'm on my free period, which is Peter's detention period."

Then like on cue, the apartment door opened, revealing Peter. Wait he ditched detention?

"Um Ned, Peters here," I said before hanging up the phone. "Peter?"

He looked at me.

"Is May here?" He asked me. I nodded my head no. "Good."

He then walked into his room and closed the door behind him. Alright. About ten minutes later he comes back out of his room, in his Spider-Man suit, with no mask on.

"I'm going to go interrogate a man that was at the weapons exchange last week, I'll be back, if you need me, call me," He said. I nodded my head. He gave me a heads up and put his mask on, he then ran into his room.

I followed him and saw him climb out of his room and swing from building to building. Wow. He looks great in that suit.

Veronica stop!

---

I sat in the foyer, when I heard the door knob opening. I looked over expecting to see May, but it wasn't. I felt my heart drop. I jumped up from the couch and quickly ran to the home phone, unseen.

I dialed in the number, but it went to voicemail.

"Peter," I whispered. "Someone's in the apartment, I need help, you need to answer you phone or else-"

I stopped when I heard a voice.

"Come out girl, I know you're here."

"Peter, please, hurry. Help me," I whispered before I hung up the phone. I quickly and quietly ran into the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife. I held it out in front of me, ready to defend myself.

A man that was bald walked into the kitchen, with a gun pointed at me.

"Your Veronica, the girl. Come with me and I won't hurt you," He said while still aiming the gun at me.

"Who the hell are you?" I questioned, still raising the knife at him.

"None of your business. Now, come with me and I won't shoot you," He said. I didn't move. He then shot the gun, knocking the knife out of my hand. I gasped and back up against the counter. "Come on kid, they want you back."

"I don't want to go back," I said, feeling tears prick at the sides of my eyes.

"Too bad," He then launched at me and grabbed me. I screamed and struggled against the man. He pulled me out of the kitchen and slapped his hand over my mouth. He dragged me out of the apartment and to a car. He pushed into a car. He locked the car doors and started to drive the car. With his free hand, he pointed his gun at me.

"We have a ferry to catch, I'm handing you over to some people who are buying some stuff from me, and then they will deliver you to HYDRA," He said as he drove down the street and away from the apartments.