Chapter 15

I spent the next few hours thinking about what could happen to Peter. I sat in the chair and kept my head down on the blood-stained table.

Before the earpiece lost its signal, I felt at least a little safe with them hearing what was happening, I felt like Peters voice would just calm me, but as soon as it lost signal, I feel so unsafe and vulnerable.

"Veronica?" I hear a static voice say in my ear. It was Ned. There was a poor connection.

"Ned? What's happening to the earpieces? Where's Peter?" I ask, frantically.

"I don't know how to answer either of those questions. All I know was that Peter said he was going to break things up in there a couple of hours ago," Ned says.

"Damnit. Peter could be in trouble," I say before I hear the door unlock again. "Shit, there back."

Then in comes two men, accompanied by Helgen. They all stand in the doorway and stare at me. I stared back.

"What?" I ask.

"Come with us, your being relocated," Helgen spat. I glared at them before walking towards them. I felt my arms being grabbed as I was being pulled down the long hallway. I saw the window Peter could see through. I just wish I could see him right now.

The building we were in was huge. Full of hallways. The entire time we were walking we were silent. I have no reason to talk to these monsters.

I then am pulled into a large room. It looked very similar to the other place I was held in last time. Except there weren't any desks and chairs. Only a glass box in the middle. I immediately tried to get of the men's grip and get away, but they were too strong.

"No, wait! Please!" I yell. One of the men picks me up and throws me over his shoulder and brings me over to the glass box. He then throws me inside and seals the glass door.

I get up off the cement ground and stare at the three men who were currently talking to one another.

Then Helgen came over to the glass and stared at me before taking something out of his pocket. It was a polaroid picture.

"Step two in destroying you," He says before he tapes the picture onto the glass. I immediately felt weak when I saw it.

It was of an unmasked, bleeding Peter. He was tied up and on the ground. They caught him.

"No...NO! GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARD! DON'T EVER TOUCH HIM AGAIN! FUCK WITH SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE YOU PRICK!" I screamed while banging on the glass with my fists as Helgen walked back over to the other men. He stopped about midway and turned.

"Unseal the door," He growled. The door then unsealed and Helgen walked in. He then punched me square in the jaw, causing me to fall over in pain. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back up and punched me several times in the jaw and in the stomach.

I felt so much pain that it almost didn't hurt. But when he was finished, I couldn't even move. I slumped down to the ground and tried to get up, but couldn't.

I watched as one of the men took out a polaroid camera and took a picture of me. I could feel blood pouring out of my nose and face. I felt bruises forming on my stomach and jaw already.

I weakly raised my hand and stuck out my middle finger. The men laughed. Helgen then held the polaroid picture the other man had just taken of me.

"Spider-Man will love this photo of his girlfriend. Won't he Veronica?" Helgen laughed.

"Just let him go, you have me and that's enough," I weakly say.

"Well we can't let him go, he knows information about SHEILD. He has powers, that we will find out about, and the only reason you're here is because I wanted your entire family dead but you got away, so instead of killing you, I'm letting you live but torturing you to the point you'd wish you were dead," Helgen laughs before they all leave and closed the door behind them.

---

I had sat in the same spot for hours, unmoving. I was too scared to. I was scared that anything I would do could get Peter more hurt.

Sitting in that box, alone, in the dark with only one little lightbulb glowing up the room, was even worse. I felt like I did back in Germany. Alone and afraid.

"Ned?" I would occasionally ask, but I would hear no response.

I ended up sitting up against the glass. I looked down at me stomach. I lifted up my shirt to reveal large purple and yellow bruises. I gagged and dropped my shirt.

I slowly and carefully stood up, leaning on the glass for support.

The door then opened. I looked over to see two men dragging something into the room. I weakly went over to the side nearest to the men.

The men then let go of the thing they were dragging in. I looked closely. My heart stopped. It was an unconscious Peter. He was beaten so badly.

I turned back towards the men as they were walking out. I then started to slam my fists and body into the glass.

"LET HIM GO YOU BASTARDS! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO HURT HIM?!" I scream on the top of my lungs. But they didn't turn around, instead just ignored me and walked out, closing the door behind them.

I then quickly and carefully got to the side of the box that Peter was closest too. I then sunk down to my knees. I started to bang on the glass again. Harder.

"Peter! Peter wake up! Please! Peter!" I cried. I then put my forehead against the glass and cried, getting tears on the glass. "Please, just wake up, please be alive."

I then sunk down all the way and laid down flat in my back. I stared up at the top of the glass box. It was a mirror.

I looked horrible. I looked even more beat up then I did after the plane crash. And that's saying something. The worst part was the disgusting HYDRA symbol that was burnt onto my skin and was blistering. That will never go away. I have to live with it for the rest of my life.

"V?" I faintly hear. I then sit up and turn back around to face Peter, who was sitting up.

"P-Peter!" I whisper-shouted. I smiled as I felt a tear run down my face. He was alive. That's all that matters right now. He weakly makes his way over to the box. He comes close to the glass. His poor face was beaten. "T-They hurt you, b-badly. I feel horrible, this is all my fault!"

"N-No it's not!" Peter says as he puts his hand on the glass. "I was the dumb one, I went out in the wide open and I was surrounded. And I'm concerned about you, you're the one Helgen wants to torture, not me."

"W-What did they do to you?" I asked.

"Well, they just kept asking me questions about SHEILD that I don't know, then they asked me about my powers and I just kept lying about them. Both of those things caused all of this, w-what else did they do to you?" Peter asks in concern.

"They showed me a picture of you after they beat you up, then I got a little too angry and called Helgen things and that pissed him off," I said. Peter frowns. "You need to get out of here. Ned is freaking out."

"I bet he is, and no I'm not leaving without you," Peter says.

"You have to, you heal quickly right?" I ask. Peter nods his head.

"Yeah, I've already healed a lot," Peter says.

"Okay good, when Helgen comes in tomorrow, you act hurt still but when he's not looking, get the hell out of here, get Stark."

Peter doesn't say anything. He looks at me.

"But what if they hurt you again?" He asks, upset.

"I've been beaten up before, I can take it," I say. "Did you get your mask?"

"Yeah, I swiped it before they beat me up for the second time."

"When you get the chance, escape."