Chapter 28

The next week was an absolute hell for everyone in New York City. The Mangler had attacked several places and kidnapped more and more people.

Every time he would attack a place, he would leave a note for Peter. They usually said that he was going to get Peter eventually. In the notes, he kept saying he was going to attack places until either him or me ended up being in one.

Peter was worried about this. He was scared, since the Mangler knew his identity. Peter was worried that the people closest to him would start to disappear, one by one.

The Mangler would put pictures of those he 'mangled' all over the streets. It was horrifying for sure. Usually, the peoples heads were gone. All of the children in the photos were alive, but injured and crying.

Every time I saw a picture of a child, I would cry.

The thought of those kids being hurt and tortured for absolutely no reason.

---

I sat on Peter's bed, as he swung into the room. He closed the window and took his mask off. He threw it to the ground and handed a photo to me. It was a polaroid photo. Before I looked at the photo, I watched as tears ran down his face, in anger.

"I'm done with this! It's gone on too long!" He cries. I look down at the photo, almost worried to see what was in the picture.

I was right to be worried.

It was of a little girl. Her mouth was sewed shut and eyes also sewed shut. Her throat was slit and she was slung over. Her forehead was carved into the words, 'Come save us, Spiderman'. Her dirty blonde hair as blood stained.

I dropped the photo in shock. I felt my body start to shake. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. I looked at Peter.

"That f-freak n-needs to stop!" I almost yell as tears ran down my face.

Peter looks at me before wiping his tears off.

"I w-want to stop him, I just have no idea where the hell he hides away," He pouts.

"The tracker still won't work?" I ask. He shakes his head. "I don't know what else to do."

---

I was at the coffee shop. Peter had gone to school and I was bored. I was sitting at my usual table, sipping on my latte.

I was watching the small TV, that was turned to the news. They were talking about the Mangler and all the attacks. They talked about the party on Halloween and all of the kidnappings.

I tried to ignore the TV but I couldn't. I just kept watching it.

In the corner of my eye, I saw the woman working at the counter, staring towards the door. I turned my head to face her more.

She looked scared, horrified. She started to back away from the counter. I glanced over towards the door before hearing a loud scream and an exploding noise. I felt a mixture of hot and cold hit my skin and then, next thing I know, I'm on the floor.

I quickly pull myself behind my fallen chair and table. I peek from behind the table and see him. The Mangler.

He had shot one of his gun things into the shop. He hopped over the counter and picked up the woman, now unconscious, that was working in the shop. I stood from my spot, exposing myself.

"Hey! Prick!" I yelled. He turned around, pointing his gun at me. He then laughed as he slung the woman over his shoulder.

"It's only you," He laughs.

"Let her go, you have enough people already," I say with no emotion. He tilts his head as he walks toward me.

"You know, having you in one of my pretty pictures, dead, would be something that could inspire good ole Spider-Man to come and man up," He says.

I stand my ground and don't move while he approaches me.

"Do it, I dare you," I say, acting brave.

He laughs.

"Not yet," He says, seriously. He then takes out a paper from his pocket and drops it in front of me. "I've stalled long enough, I want action. I want your boyfriend to come and fight me. I want him to try to save those pathetic souls."

I look down at the ground to where the paper is.

"Why?" I say, not looking up. I then feel something cold, pull my chin up. It was his gun.

"Because," He says before moving closer to me. "It's fun."

He then turns around and leaves. I watch as he leaves with the poor woman. I immediately felt guilty. I could have fought to save her. Oh my God, I'm terrible.

I then look back at the ground. I see the paper again.

I bend down and pick it up. I open it, to see an address, written in blood.

38 Raven Dr, it said. Then it said the blood was written with the blood of a small child. I gagged at the sight of it.

I folded the paper again and went back to Peter's.

A/N:

Hey so that chapter was short and kind of sucked, but I needed to put that out there, for plot development. I got some more works planned out for the future, stay tuned.