Chapter 12

I was sitting on Peters bed staring at the Saphrite in my hand. It was weird. I never thought anything could be powered by a small little rock like this. I put the chain around my neck and let the Saphrite hang around my neck. I laid down on the bed and stared up at the bottom of the top bunk.

Then the window opened and a red and blue suit crawled through. I got up from the bed and looked at the limping Peter.

"Oh my God, Peter are you okay?" I asked helping him over to the bed. He sat down and groaned in pain.

"Yeah, I'm fine," He groaned.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, I was patrolling and I saw a group of shady looking people walking down an alley way, so I followed them all the way to a small shop. They were all talking in German and exchanging papers. Then I heard your name, so I swooped in and beat all their asses, then one guy dropped this," He said before holding up a badge with the HYDRA symbol on it.

"HYDRA," I breathed out.

Peter turned around the badge and looked at it.

"This is some scary cult shit," He mumbled. I started to feel a lump form in my chest. I was getting nervous. They were near. They were close to getting me again. Then I came to a conclusion.

"Peter."

"Veronica."

"I-I think I need to get captured again," I say. Peter gave me a look of confusion and disbelief.

"Uh no, no you don't."

"Look, I already discussed this idea with Stark, he also thought it was a bad idea but you need to hear me out, if I had a tracker from your suit and I had an ear piece to communicate with you, then I'd be okay, and it would solve our problem! Think about it, you could beat Helgen!"

"But what if someone hurts you? What if they were to discover your tracker and kill you for it! They killed your father and I don't know what I would do if they killed you too."

I stared at Peter for a good twenty seconds before walking over to him and pulling off his mask. He had a bruise under his eye.

"Look what they did to you, don't you want to beat them? For good?" I asked. Peter didn't say anything. He just stared at me with a worried look.

"I do."

"Well then lets do this, Stark doesn't have to know."

"Last time I did something without Stark's permission I got my suit taken, so I don't know," Peter said.

"Well if Stark finds out, blame it on me, it was my idea," I said. He nodded his head. I then cupped his face with my hands.

"I'll only do this if you're okay with it," I say. He nods his head.

"I'm okay with it, as long as I can follow," He says.

"Trust me, I want you to do that," I say.

"Good, because I was going to follow you if you liked it or not," He says before pulling me onto his lap. He then kisses me. Passionately. I kiss him back as he picks me up and lays me down onto his bed, not breaking the kiss.

He hovers over me and continues to kiss me as my hands went from his cheeks to his chest.

Before things got more heated, someone opens Peters door. Peter hopped off me and sat next to me. I sat up quickly to see a horrified Ned standing at the door.

"Uh."

"H-Hey Ned, y-you ever heard of knocking?" Peter asks. Ned nervously laughs.

"U-Uh yeah b-but since when have you two been a thing?" He asks.

"Since he saved me from Toomes," I say.

"Oooh," Ned realizes. "Well uh anyway, I was just wondering if you had any missions for me to be the guy in the chair for later?"

"Actually Ned, we do," Peter says.

---

After Peter told Ned about the HYDRA mission, Ned left to go prepare some "Guy in the chair" stuff. Which I'm sure meant to get food ready or something like that.

I planned to go to the location Peter was at earlier when he say the group of agents. I'll just go peacefully and hopefully find an agent. I wont fight, I just need to get in.

I also really want to know what Helgen has against me and my, now dead, family. Sure my dad was a bad double agent and betrayed them but why would he still want me?

Me and Peter discussed when we would be leaving for this mission. We decided that leaving tomorrow morning would be best.

"What if no one is there in the morning?" I asked Peter. We were laying down in his bed. It was late, but we didn't care. These next few hours are probably the last hours I'll spend with Peter for a while.

"I don't know, I mean it wouldn't be a bad thing if you weren't captured," Peter says. I wraps his arm around me as I laid my head on his shirtless chest.

"Your right, I guess," I say. His grip on me tightens.

"I don't want to loose you V," He says.

"Don't worry, you'll be with me, just from a distance," I say. I look up at him. He leans down and kisses me. I kiss him back then pull back and put my head back down on his chest.

"I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about this," Peter mumbles. I wrap my arms around his waist.

"I know, I do too, but I don't think about what will happen to me, I just think about what will happen when Helgen goes down," I say. "Everyone will be safe."

"But really, what if someone tries to hurt you? What will I do?"

"Unless I'm about to die, you just will have to stand by and not watch I guess," I say, my voice cracking thinking about that happening.

"I'm going to miss you."

"Me too."

Thinking about the pain that will come in the future is scary, but at least I'll be helping a lot of people, right?