10

Chapter Ten
D'mack

I was laying sleep in my living room when I heard someone banging on my door like they lost their fucking mind .

Tired wasn't even the fucking word .

I'd been out with Brianna until four in the morning just talking and smoking . I was only supposed to chill with her for a lil minute but time got the best of us .

I kept my eyes shut and tried to ignore it but they started pressing the door bell back to back pissing me off.

I hopped up from where I was and walked to the door yanking it open about to go off but I stopped once I realized it my daughter Daycei and her mama Ashlei .

I cursed under my breath remembering she said that she was going to drop her off this morning because she had to work a morning shift at the hospital .

" Hey daddy " Daycei smiled at me while waving her hand .

" Goodmorning CeCe " I said as I stepped to the side and let her walk into the house .

" She hasn't eaten breakfast yet so fix her something to eat and she's staying with you all weekend " Ashlei demanded before turning around .

" Well damn goodmorning to you too " I said .

" good morning  , love you , take good care of my child " She said .

My daughter's mother and I got along good  and I would say we had a damn good relationship compared to what other niggas went through with their baby mamas .

I think the fact that we never had a romantic relationship or feelings for each other helped a lot with that .

Me and Ashlei were only in high school when we were fucking around and we both wasn't looking to get into anything serious so it was just fucking and the both of us understood that .

Somehow she got pregnant and even though I wasn't ready for a kid at seventeen, I wasn't going to force her to do anything so when she told me she wanted to go through with the pregnancy I was there with her every step of the way but we still both understood that we didn't want to be with each other .

We was still fucking for the first five months of Daycei's life but we thought it was best if we stopped to avoid any conflict and confusion later on down the line .

We were cool as fuck though and it was like we were best friends who shared a child . Besides my immediate family she was the only person I trusted .

" Daddy I want pancakes " Daycei told me .

" Alright give me a minute , turn on the tv " I told her . I didn't feel like cooking so we was going to go out to eat for breakfast .

I went into the bathroom connected to my room to shower and take care of my morning hygiene. After I got out I got dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie.

Even though it was summer , I lived up north so it was still a little chilly in the mornings and at night .

After I was done getting ready I walked back down stairs where she was sitting quietly all into the Tv . My daughter was a good child , besides her sassy mouth , and I thanked God for that because I saw the shit that my brother went through with his demon seed .

" come'on you ready ? " I asked her and she nodded as she stood up . I watched as she grabbed her little sparkly purse and put it over her back .