17

Chapter Seventeen

" I'm outside " Coby said to Shanti over an audio message . Her first doctors appointment was today and she told Coby that she wanted him to come with her .

He was still trying to process the fact that he was having a baby and he was about to be a father and he didn't know how he felt about the situation to be honest but he wasn't going to let Shanti go through the pregnancy alone . He wasn't that type of nigga .

While he waited for her to come outside he opened instagram to see what was going on on there and the first thing that popped up was a picture of Brianna and Amari from a party the night before .

It had been two weeks and Brianna still wasn't talking to him . He found out that she had him block when his messages weren't delivering and his calls were going straight to voicemail . Popping up on her at the house wasn't really an option because everytime he went over there Blaire and Hassan said that she was with Amari .

He didn't understand since when she wanted to be under Amari twenty four seven . They had been friends since elementary and this was the most she'd been sleeping by her house inna row .

He knew Brianna would never want to deal with him again on a  romantic level but they were best friends before anything and he was hoping that they could at least still be best friends .

Hearing someone knock on his window snapped him out of his thoughts . He looked up and saw Shanti standing by the passenger window . He unlocked her door so she could get in .

She got in and sat down and Coby stared the car and started driving . This was how things were between the two of them. Every since she told him she was pregnant Coby had been real distant with her . He didn't touch her anymore and this was his first time seeing her since he went over to her house to ask her her plans about the pregnancy .

He'd text her every other day to ask her how she doing and feeling  but that was about it .

" Coby why all of a sudden since i'm pregnant you act like I have a disease. You barely talk to me , touch me . " She said finally speaking up.

Coby sighed . " I don't want you to think nothing wrong with you but i'm still processing this whole situation and trying to come to terms with this . This shit wasn't in my plans that's all " He said .

" Are you mad at me for wanting to keep it ? " She asked .

" I didn't want you to keep it but it's nothing to be mad about. It's your body and your choice and you made the choice to keep it and all I can do is accept that and be there for my child " Coby said.

Shanti was content with his answer and they were quiet the rest of the ride to the clinic. When they arrived there coby sat down while Shanti checked herself in .

Coby was back on instagram watching Brianna's story and she looked like she was having the time of her life . Her last story was from five minutes and he noticed she was in her room at her which was perfect because as soon as this appointment was over he was speeding to her house .

" Ashanti Sims "" They heard the nurse call out . They both stood up and walked to the back .

Since this was her first checkup they did a basic physical as well such as checking her height and weight . They checked her breast for lumps , checked her and swapped her  cervix  did some blood work on her and they were finally in the room with her OBGYN.

" Hi im Dr.Green you must be Ashanti and you must be the dad right ? " She asked and they nodded.

" Okay so i'm going to have you lie down and i'm going to run this gel on your stomach which is going to show us the baby and help determine how many weeks you are and your due date " She said and they nodded .