5 Don't Forget

~Emily~

I look out into the surprisingly large crowd.

I spot Kat and Jake sitting near the front. I look towards the back and I catch a glimpse of someone who looks alot like, Niall.

I look again and he's gone. I quickly shake it off and finish setting up the mic.

I decide to sing four covers. I even did a One Direction remix.

I have one more song.

I'm going to do the one I wrote for Niall, three years ago.

"Hey, well this is the last song of the night from me," I hear boos going up from the crowd, "and, well, this song I wrote about 3 years ago. It was for an old friend, I guess. He isn't here but, this is for Niall." I smile slightly, feeling old memories come back and hit me.

I look down at Kat and Jake. They both look shocked and give me "are you sure" looks. I slightly nod at them then look back out at the crowd.

"Well hope you like it, It's called Don't Forget."

(This song is Demi Lovato's Don't Forget, Theres a link on the side.)

Did you forget that I was even alive?

Did you forget everything we ever had?

Did you forget, did you forget about me?

Did you regret (did you regret) ever standing be my side?

Did you forget (did you forget) we were feeling inside?

Now Im left to forget about us.

But somewhere we went wrong.

We were once so strong.

Our love is like a song, you can't forget it.

So now I geuss this is where we have to stand.

Did you regret ever holding my hand?

Never again, please don't forget, don't forget.

We had it all, we were just about to fall even more in love, than we were before.

I won't forget, I won't forget about us.

But somewhere we went wrong.

We were once so strong.

Our love is like a song, you can't forget it.

Somewhere we went wrong.

We were once so strong.

Our love is like a song.

You can't forget it, at all.

And at last all the pictures have been burned, all the past is just a lesson that we've learned.

I won't forget, please don't forget us.

Somewhere we went wrong.

Our love is like a song, but you won't sing along.

You've forgotten about us.

(Don't Forget.)

After I was done I slowly looked up and was caught with dozens of staring faces. I was about to run off stage, but at that moment the room filled with applauds. I thanked everyone and quickly got off stage.

I was surrounded by people when I lost sight of Jake or Kat.

I looked around, trying to get through the big crowd when I saw a familiar mop of curls at the bar.

I quickly ran over to Jake and hugged him from behind. He jumped from shock and turned his head.

"Don't worry Jakster it's only m-" I stopped mid sentence and took a quick step back. That wasn't Jake.

Whoever it was looked surprised and a little, um, nervous? to see me.

"Oh gosh. I'm sorry from behind you looked just like my, uh, friend and well, um, sorry I-" I stopped mid-sentence before taking a small step forward. "Harry?" I asked shocked.

Before I knew it I was engulfed in a tight hug. "I've missed you Em." He murmured into my hair, still holding the embrace. Slowly we let go and I had a big grin on my face. "I can't belive your here Harry! I haven't seen you in years!"

He sheepishly rubbed his neck, "Yeah, um, sorry about that."

I quickly brushed it off. "It wasn't your fault." I said with a shrug.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked again. "Oh me and the lads came here so we wouldn't be mobbed by fans or anything."

"Oh, yes. The great life of One Direction!" I exclaimed sarcasticly, giggling. Harry chuckles but I suddenly grab his arm when I realize.

"Wait. By lads did you mean everyone. As in Niall as well?" I ask, silently praying he says no.

"Well, uh yeah. Nialls here." He gives me sheepish smile.

"Urgh. Wait did you guys hear that song?" He's about to answer but looks at something behind me. I'm about to turn around whenI feel a hot breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"Yeah I did love."

I quickly turn around to come face to face with him.

"Well nice to see you. Now I better go find my friends." I reply cooly. I try to turn and walk away but then a hand grabs my wrist, pulling me back.

"But, I am your friend. Well, more like best friend." Niall says with a sad yet proud look in his eye. Like he still could call himself that.

I quickly pull my hand back. "We aren't friends, Niall." I stated sternly. "You made sure of that a long time ago." He looks like he just took a hard blow.

"Em, I'm sorry okay. I never wanted to but-"

I cut him off, "That's bull and you know it. Besides its fine, I've moved on from it." Somehow the lie slips out easily.

"No, you havn't. Remember the song. You still care." He tried. I mentally slap myself for singing that.

"First, I wrote that song 3 years ago." I stopped for a second, "and Second, I never said I didn't care, I said I moved on."

"You know, I never forgot. I never regretted anything either. I just- i can explain, please." He was begging me with his eyes.

"Niall." I warned.

"Please please please. You need to know the reason. Trust me it hurt me too but I did it for you. Just please!"

"Niall I don't know how the hell you did it for me but-" Before I could finish a sickly familiar voice behind me spoke, "So, this is the famous Niall Horan I've heard so much about?" Niall looks confusingly behind me as well as Harry, who I had sorta forgotten by now.

I slowly turn around to come face-to-face with Matt.