- 2

Derek stood in the ruins of the Hale house, staring down at the three red scars across his hip in confusion. He hadn't been hurt so there was no reason for him to have scars, and even if he was they should of heeled by now. Derek pulled his shirt back down once he heard voices outside, shoving his hands in his leather jacket pockets before walking outside.

"What are you doing here? Huh? This is private property." Derek snapped, his presence intimidating the 2 teens.

"Uh, sorry, man, we didn't know." Stiles apologised, glaring over at Isaac for not telling them about it being private property.

"Yeah, we were just looking for something, but - Uh, forget it. All right, come on, I gotta get to work." Scott caught the inhaler letting himself be dragged away by stiles, Isaac rolled his eyes following his best friends.

"Dude, that was Derek Hale. You remember, right?" Stiles started, watching the Hale walk towards the remains of the old house.

"Remember what?" Scott asked in confusion, his attention turning to his best friend.

"His family. They all burned to death in a fire, like, ten years ago." Stiles continued, turning to face the blonde apologetically after realising what he just said.

When it comes to Emilia, Scott is slightly out of the loop. He could remember her dating Derek, moving out and only minor details of their relationship, the fire and their rocky relationship when they moved Scott couldn't remember. if anyone asked, Scott thought that had broke up when Emilia moved to New York.

"Six years." Isaac corrected him, watching as Derek disappeared into the house.

This had been the first time In almost two years that Isaac had seen Derek, over the surprise of seeing him Isaac was happy to be around Derek again.

"Sorry Isaac." Stiles apologised, following the blonde as he walked away from the house.

"I wonder what he's doing back, do you think my sister knows?" Scott questioned walking next to Stiles, stopping as Isaac turned round.

"Oh, she knows." Isaac replied, hinting at her actions this morning.

"How come she isn't here with him?" Scott continued, picking up on Isaac's slight smirk.

"They broke up remember?" Isaac informed him, motioning to her house "She wouldn't come here if it was her choice, she's too traumatised to come here on her own."

Emilia couldn't face the Hale house after that day, while suffering with PTSD it made it almost impossible to go anywhere near the house ever again.

"Whatever, Come on." Stiles chimed in, dragging his best friends away from the house.

"Oh god." Emilia mumbled to herself, looking down to her work as Melanie stormed down the hallway.

Like most things that had stayed the same, one of them were Emilia's friendships with all of her high school friendship group. If anything they were closer now more than ever.

"Emilia!" Melanie pushed open the glass door, strutting into the room glaring at one of her best friends.

"Good morning, Mel." Emilia sighed, pushing her laptop to the side "I'm in trouble, aren't i?"

"I received a very odd text from my nephew this morning." Melanie stated, sitting down on the chair in front of Emilia's desk.

"Hmm." Emilia nodded, putting the papers back into the files.