-21

Derek waved over at Emilia's PA, Sara, as he made his way through the new offices, frowning at the shouting coming from Emilia's office.

"Oh my god, enough!" Emilia's voice rang through the floor, causing Derek to smile in amusement, watching some staff rush out of her office.

Derek figured Emilia was in a bad mood when she called him asking for some papers from the house, hanging up before he could even reply, but on the other hand Emilia was the type of boss that would fire you if you wrote in a wrong pen. With all of Emilia's performing arts company business, on top of her new 'Hale empire' as she liked to call it and Derek's property business, Emilia didn't have time to be the nice boss that everyone liked.

Derek raised a brow at Emilia as she held her hand up, motioning for him to hand her the papers, not bothering to look up.

"Okay, no more overtime." Derek spoke up, walking forward to pass her the papers "You're getting snappy."

Emilia rolled her eyes, smiling up at Derek "Weren't you the one who broke a chair this morning?"

"Derek!" Emilia exclaimed, pouting as Derek pulled her chair away from the desk.

"Sulk all you want, you need a break." Derek stated, helping her up from the chair.

"Fine." Emilia grumbled, pulling on her coat.

"Since when were you showing off the bump?" Derek motioned to Emilia's tight pencil skirt and blouse, "What happened to keeping him a top secret?"

"Please, these people are terrified to speak a word to me, let alone bring it up." Emilia pointed out, holding onto Derek's hand as they made their way thought the offices, smiling over at her PA"Good night, Sara."

"It confuses me how you are only pleasant to one of your staff." Derek opened the door for Emilia, Emilia shrugged as she walked through.

"Sara does her job correctly." Emilia stated, unlocking her car "Being nice doesn't get things done."

Emilia frowned at Derek's tense expression, "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere." Derek lied, Emilia squinted her eyes at her fiancée "Derek."

"To deal with the alphas." Derek answered truthfully.

"Derek, really?" Emilia sighed, "I thought we sai-"

"We agreed that you would be kept out of everything, its my problem." Derek interrupted, Emilia looked up at Derek unimpressed, "I may be keeping out of it, but you have to tell me these things."

Emilia was taking a step back from the supernatural as much as she could, before she would fully stop getting involved when baby Hale arrived, as much as she didn't want to, she knew it was for the best.

"I will, promise." Derek pulled Emilia into a hug, Emilia rested her head against his chest "You do realise I'm going to sit and worry until you come home."

Now she was trying to stay out of things, it meant she was more concerned over Derek's well being, knowing she couldn't do anything to help him.

"I'll be fine." Derek comforted, opening the car door for her "See you at home."

_

"Em, open the door." Blair knocked on the door softly, herself and Melanie leaned against it.

After watching Derek loose his fight with the alpha's last night, Jason had tried to comfort his sister the best he could. Emilia locked herself away, Jason had no choice but to get help from their friends.