-5

Isaac yawned as he walked out of his bedroom, trailing down the hallway tiredly, rubbing his hand through his messy curls whilst pushing open the kitchen door. 3.00am, Isaac groaned to himself quietly turning away from the clock in search of food. Noticing the papers scattering the floor in the living room, Isaac walked over picking up one of the papers, frowning at the newspaper report of Laura's death.

Isaac moved to put the paper onto the coffee table but noticed Emilia and Derek instead, the werewolves lay fast asleep on the sofa leaning against each other. Emilia's open laptop and notebooks were scattered across the coffee table on top of the papers, it wasn't difficult for Isaac to put the pieces together, they were looking for the alpha.

Isaac smiled at the two, the way they sat reminding him how they would fall asleep on the sofa after watching a tv series until late whilst they lived in new York. The human closed the laptop before walking out of the room, smiling once again at the two before closing the door.

_

"I never thought i would be going on another werewolf mission." Charlie started, walking along side Derek down the hallway "I'd like to point out since our last werewolf show down, I've improved with my fighting skills."

"Charlie, shut up." Derek grumbled, standing outside of the boys toilets.

"Oh i get it, we have to be serious." Charlie nodded taking a deep breath, Derek rolled his eyes slamming the door open "I can be serious."

"I - I don't know where Scott is." Jackson stuttered, backing away at the two walking into the room.

"I'm not here for Scott. I'm here for you." Derek stated, walking forward as Charlie stood behind him with a matching stance.

"Why me? I - I didn't do anything." Jackson questioned, staring at Charlie in confusion.

"No, but you saw something, didn't you?" Derek stared at Jackson intimidatingly.

"No, I didn't - I didn't see anything." Jackson denied.

"What was it, hmm? An animal? A mountain lion?" Derek continued walking, smirking as Jackson stepped back in fear.

"I didn't see anything. I swear. I'm - I'm not lying." Jackson's back hit the door, looking up to Derek in fear.

"Then calm down and say it again." Derek looked down to Jackson, listening to his rapid heartbeat.

"Say what? That I'm not lying?" Jackson questioned, slowing down his breathing.

"Tell me that you didn't see anything. Slowly."

"I didn't - see anything. I'm not lying." Derek nodded listening into his heartbeat, backing away from Jackson.

"One more thing. You should really get that checked out." Charlie stopped, turning to point at Jacksons neck in the mirror.

Jackson nodded quickly, holding onto his scar. Charlie smiled, but somehow looked intimidating to Jackson before walking out of the room with Derek.