-4

"How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?" Stiles complained, leaning against the steering wheel as Isaac and Scott got out of the car "Why are you taking Isaac, wouldn't i be more useful?"

"We're breaking into a school bus not a prison." Isaac joked ignoring Stiles' comment, standing next to the werewolf.

"I figured if Derek showed up he wouldn't hurt me if Isaac was with me." Scott replied honestly, watching Isaac stare at him in annoyance.

"Oh, so I'm just bait for if Derek shows up."

_

"Nice ride. Black cars, though. Very hard to keep clean. I would definitely suggest a little more maintenance. If you have something this nice, you want to take care of it, right? Personally, I'm very protective of the things I love. But that's something I learned from my family. And you don't have much of that these days." Chris started as he ran his hand along Derek's car, looking over to Emilia in surprise as she walked towards the car from the store "Or do you?"

Emilia thanked herself for not wearing heels as she walked along the silent parking lot, looking over to the hunters in surprise, quickening her pace as she approached Derek. Emilia wrapped her hand around Derek's clenched fist, feeling him relax as she intertwined their fingers as she stood behind him.

"There we go. You can actually look through your windshield now. See how that makes everything so much clearer?" Chris continued as he put the window cleaner back in the bucket, motioning to the window.

"You forgot to check the oil." Derek pointed out, holding onto Emilia's hand tightly.

"Check the man's oil." Chris turned to the other hunters, one of them nodded walking over to the car.

"Looks good to me." The hunter smirked as she slammed his elbow through the window.

Emilia leaned closer to Derek, attempting to hold him back from doing anything stupid.

"Drive safely." Chris stated as he walked away, climbing into the black van.

"What the hell just happened?" Emilia breathed, turning Derek around to face her.

Emilia looked up to Derek, her body against his as they stood against the car.

"Your friend Chris decided to pay a visit." Derek joked, looking to the broken window with a sigh.

"'You forget to check the oil',  really?" Emilia rolled her eyes as Derek sarcastically laughed at her comment, not even noticing how normal it felt to be so close to Derek

"'You forget to check the oil', really?" Emilia rolled her eyes as Derek sarcastically laughed at her comment, not even noticing how normal it felt to be so close to Derek.

_

"What is going on?" Emilia spoke up, walking into the room watching the aftermath of their fight.

As much as Emilia hated being at the Hale house, at the moment she had no choice about being here. it was getting easier, but it would forever hurt the same seeing this place.