Chapter 5

Your POV

Throughout the day, we met our teachers for the year; and for the rest of our years in Hogwarts. My favorite professor by far has been Professor Flitwick. Though extremely short, he's very kind and friendly. My least favorite is professor...well, they're all pretty nice. I still have to go to Potions. With the Gryffindors. Again. 

Once I got there, all the seats were taken. But I was pretty early for class. I guess Slytherins and Gryffindors hate each other because one side of the room had one house and the other side had the other house. The only seat available was next to a black boy with black hair. He introduced himself as Dean Thomas. He was in Gryffindor. Then the teacher walked in. 

He had all black robes and black hair. A hooked nose and greasy hair. He said his name was Professor Snape. He was eyeing Harry very peculiarly and called him out. He asked a question that I didn't hear correctly to Harry. Hermione, who was sitting next to him, had her hand up raised very high to answer his question. He ignored her. To me, Harry looked very embarrassed. Then Professor Snape began to go on about the class.

When classes were over for the day, everyone had dinner. I got lost, but arrived at the Great Hall surprisingly early. I finished my dinner before the rest of the Slytherin house got to the table. As the rest of the school piled into the Hall, secretly made my way out of the Hall. I wanted to explore the library, see how big it was, and read random books that have nothing  to do with my studies. Books are my life

Once I got there, I saw the back of Hermione's head at a shelf. I think she heard me walking because she turned around to see who it was. Then she went back to looking for a book. I walked up to her and said:

"So Hermione, right? Well I was wondering if you know any interesting books to read in this library. You see, I'm a muggleborn and I don't know any good books so...". She looked at me with the tiniest smile and walked over to another shelf and pulled down a small book.

"Here. Take this one. Very small but very good. Hope you like it, (L/N)."She hands me the book and exits the library, probably didn't eat dinner yet. I look at the cover of the book. "The Tales of Beedle the Bard". Hmm. Interesting title though

-Time Skip-

Over the next few weeks, we start to get small amounts of homework, which gradually adds to the our mountain of homework. People have their friends to talk to, so they delay their homework. I, sadly, don't have any so I get all my homework done. By the time it's Halloween, I have a lot of free time after classes. 

During the Halloween feast, Professor Quirrell runs into the Hall screaming about a troll in the dungeons. Our prefects lead us to our dormitory, which just happens to be in the dungeons. Luckily, the troll isn't there. People are shoving their way to the front of the line so they can get in first. I see Draco trying to claw his way through along with Crabbe and Goyle. Crabbe shoves me to the floor and I immediately feel tears stinging my eyes. At least they didn't fall out yet. Draco looks my way and I see his eyes looking at mine. His face softens for just a second and turns his head forward. I get up and dust myself off. And then I'm finally in the common room.

I head straight towards my dormitory. My vision isn't clear for some reason and I hit my arm against someone's chest. I turn around and see it's Draco. He gives me a small sneer and I continue on my way to my dormitory.

Draco's POV

WOW. That mudblood sure is strong. She "accidentally" hit me in the chest. Seemed like it was on purpose. I make my way to my dormitory, clutching the spot where (L/N) hit me. I open the door and Crabbe asked me why I was clutching my chest.

"Stupid (L/N) was being blind and was running and her arm hit my chest. God, it hurts. But I'll be alright. It'll be better by tomorrow." I go to my bed and crawl underneath the covers. As I'm about to fall asleep the memory of Crabbe shoving (L/N) to the floor plays in my head. Her face looked so...vulnerable. Her (E/C) eyes had tears in them, but they weren't falling down her face. She was hurt. And weak. And strong and beautiful. Yes. She was beautiful.