Chapter 13

Your POV

Okay. That was weird. Draco Malfoy was petting my head and being all nice. But whatever was his motivation musta been hijacked by someone. I was still depressed from tryouts though. But I really shouldn't let that get to me so harshly. 

I walked out of the Slytherin common room and went to the library and started to pull out some books to read. I gathered a bunch and checked them out by Madam Pince. I sat down with all my books at a table and started to read. A few moments later, the Trio walks in and sits at a nearby table and starts doing their homework.  Hermione looks up from her work and nudges Ron who looks up and sees me. I instantly go back to my book. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ron nudge Harry, who looks up and sees me. They whisper among themselves and they rise from their chairs and walk over.

"Hey Y/N," Hermione says softly, "I heard Slytherin Quidditch tryouts were today. Did you try out for Seeker? You're small enough to be one." I nodded my head without looking up from my book. "Did you get in?" I shook my head very slowly to show my sadness. "Well, I guess that Malfoy got it," she whispers, thinking I can't hear her. The Trio walks back to their table starts working again. 

I keep reading until it's lunch. I check out my book and keep reading it on the way to the Great Hall. Since I was looking down, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going (which happens a lot)and I bump my shoulder pretty hard on someone else's and fall. My book flies out of my hands. I feel the person's hands wrap around my tiny waist to save me from falling. I reach up to wrap my arms around the person's neck to support myself and shut my eyes close. The mystery person stands me straight and pulls me a bit closer to them. I slowly open my eyes. 

I see icy, gray eyes in front of mine. A wisp of platinum blond hair. Malfoy. The boy who bragged to my face earlier today about not getting the Seeker position. He put time and effort to help an enemy out of harm. Very unlike him. He pulls me even closer to touch foreheads. He closes his eyes and touches his nose with mine. I'm nervous to find out what's next in store for us.

"L/N? " He whispers. His lips brushes against my nose when he opened his mouth. "Are you alright? Did someone do something?" I couldn't tell if he was being caring or playing a joke. I pulled away from his grasp and shoved him to the wall. He doesn't hint out any sign of hatred and calmly places his hands on my hips, probably expecting me to calm down.

Was he really that stupid? Of course someone did something to me. And he was the person behind it. I was really mad, so I slapped his face. He looked at me in surprise that I had the nerve to pull something like that off.

He then took out his wand and said a spell. It blasted me to the other wall. I took out my wand and started shooting spells at him. We were dueling intensively and were caught by Professor Snape.

"And what would two students be doing out here during lunch? And both from Slytherin? At least it's my house. I won't take away any points, but you two will have detention for five nights. You two will cope with each other and find peace. Am I clear?"

"Crystal clear, Professor Snape." I responded quietly. Malfoy nodded his head vigorously. Great. Another detention with the Malfoy.