Chapter 17

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES! I had a bunch of final exams to prepare for in June and overall just a lot of homework since my last update. But I will try my best to update more often during the summer. Please forgive me! Now on with the story! Remember to keep voting! We got this story to #863! That seems really low, but at least we're getting somewhere!

Your POV

I don't know if Malfoy is trying to get on my nerves, but he really is. For the first few weeks of the semester, he has been teasing me and pushing me around everywhere all the time. Always about how I have no family like Potter, no money like Weasley, or no pureblood like Granger. So? Why don't you just go and bother them instead of me? 

One Defense Against the Dark Arts class, we were being taught how to fight a boggart. Neville did a brilliant job with his boggart. It still made me snicker even after 5 minutes. We all stood in a line one behind another and guess where I was? Right in front of Malfoy. Could my life get any worse?

"Ah, my favorite mudblood. Right in front of me. What are you scared of, eh?" he says while grabbing my arm. "Is it me being the best Seeker of all time? HAHAHA!" 

"Well, Malfoy" wriggling out of his grasp. "That's not true. You being Seeker is just one huge joke. So if you would just stop bothering me, that would be great." I'm not facing towards him, but I can feel his icy eyes piercing the back of my head while his friends are snickering behind him. 

It was almost my turn when Potter screwed up something and Professor Lupin had to end the class. I was actually lucky because I didn't know what I was truly afraid of. Malfoy's taunting laugh or humiliation. 

**Time skip**

A few weeks later, the Fat Lady of Gryffindor said she saw Sirius Black. That meant that the students had to sleep in the Great Hall by House. I was my mere luck that I had to sleep next to Malfoy on the floor. Why did life hate me so much?

I had my back facing towards Malfoy. He whispered my name several times to get my attention, but I just stayed silent, hoping he thought I was sleeping. But that idiot knew better than to give up then. He poked my back really hard with his finger that made me turn around in a jolt. He had a smirk on his face while I tried to recover from his poke. 

"Hey L/N. You scared of this? This should be your boggart. Sleeping on the floor with a murderer in Hogwarts. That would be too big, wouldn't it? Oh well." He stayed quiet for a while until he moved his sleeping bag closer to mine. Our foreheads were a few inches apart. I could see pink very lightly dusted on his nose from the moonlight pouring into the Hall. I closed my eyes in trying to sleep.

"L/N?" My eyes went open. His eyes looked very sincere. His fingers touched mine and immediately interlaced hands. "I'll be here if anything happens. After all, I am a Malfoy."