Chapter 14

**Time Skip**

Your POV

For the detention, Snape told us to clean the trophy case without magic and shelf books in the library for Madam Pince. Together. We were supposed to cooperate with each other while being monitored by Madam Pince and Filch. And we were supposed to do this and eleven at night. Without bringing any magical sources with us to cheat our way through the task we were given. 

For the next five nights, Malfoy and I were always making hateful eye contact and sighing loudly at each other's presence. He would always purposefully bump his elbow on mine to annoy me. If I tried to make a move back, I would get in trouble. So he was always taking advantage of me in that way. 

On the last night, when we were putting away the last stack of books, Malfoy took a deep breath in and very loosely places his hand on my hip. His arm is wrapped around my back. I really don't want to do this again. So I place the last book on the shelf and we walk out of the library together all the way to the Slytherin dorms in silence. He lets go of me and puts his hand up through his hair nervously. And to my surprise, I see the tiniest hint of pink on his cheekbones. 

I really didn't know how to react to a nervous and blushing Draco Malfoy. All I could do was obliviously look in his eyes and say a quiet good night. He says the same and we walk back to our dorm rooms to go to bed.

**Time Skip**

Draco's POV

For the past few months, L/N and I have been running into each other in the halls and snapping insults to one another. I tried to be on somewhat okay standards with her, but she just would not accept it. Quidditch always gave me weird feelings about L/N. She was way better than me, and I had stolen her spot. Too late to give up the position. 

I also tried to bring myself to apologize to her, but my gut was telling me that she gets what she deserves. And I stuck to it. I would be screwed if I tried to apologize to her, anyway. I'm better off having her not in my way of being a good student.

There have been scares of the Chamber of Secrets opening and people being petrified. I was drawing a conclusion that they were mostly mudbloods being petrified. So disgraceful. Except maybe for L/N. She was a beauty. No one could deny it. 

**Time Skip to the End of the Year**

Your POV

Harry Potter saves the day. Again! Why am I not surprised. And Gryffindor wins the House Cup. AGAIN!! Who would have thought? Everyone is clapping out of respect and congratulating the Gryffindors. I'm sitting in my usual spot with no one around me. I just eat quietly, save some leftovers for the ride home, and exit the Great Hall. 

I make my way to the Slytherin dormitory and open the door. Right in front of me is the one and only. I narrow my eyes in disgust and try to move past him. He restrains me from making any other movement and picks me up. He sure has strength. I wrap my arms around his neck tightly, afraid he might drop me. He carries me bridal style to my favorite armchair and sets me down. He still has his hand on my lower back. He pulls me closer to him until I was practically forced to look into his icy gray eyes.

He just kept on looking into my eyes and pressing his hand lightly on my back. I didn't know what his motive was. We just stand like that for what felt like minutes. He moved and had his head on top of mine and both of his hands on my back; which made me press my body more into his. I was too shocked to really do anything, so I just placed my hands on his chest to give me my own space in this. I felt him exhale in relief. He stepped away from me and gave me this really small smile. It wasn't his flirty smirk. It was an actual warm smile.