Chapter 6

Your POV

Before I know it, it's Christmas. A lot of people are going home for Christmas. Mom, Dad, and my little bro are dead. I got a letter a few weeks ago regarding their funeral. No one asked me why I was so sad.

When I woke up, I see a small bunch of presents. They're all wrapped in festive wrapping paper and little bows. The first one is a card from Professor Dumbledore saying that if I needed someone to talk to, I could always go to him. Along with the card is a tiny box with sherbet lemons.

The next gift was a picture frame with my drawing of Harry. The drawing looked beaten up and ripped. The color of his eyes had drained away. The frame was all rusty and old. I guess he wanted me to keep it. After all, it's my masterpiece. Or maybe he didn't have a gift for me. Why would he give me a present anyway? I wasn't even his friend.

My next and last gift was a sketchpad and a beautifully patterned pencil. There wasn't any card to see who it was from. This was probably the best gift out of all three. This person, whoever it is, was very kind.

I spend the rest of Christmas in my bed drawing random objects I see in the dormitory.

- Time Skip-

A few months later, I hear a loud creaking noise. Someone's out of bed. I get my shoes on and follow. The noise leads outside the Slytherin dorms. I see Malfoy running down the corridor towards the entrance hall. I follow him outside and he's running towards Hagrid's hut. I stay by the door and hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and see professor McGonagall. Crap. I'm caught.

I follow her to her office. And explain my reasoning for being out of bed.

"Professor, I heard someone out of bed so went to follow him and it was Malfoy. He was running towards Hagrid's hut but I have no idea why and..and..."

"That's okay (Y/N). Now stat here. I'll be back." She left without another word. After a few minutes, Draco, Harry, Ron, and Hermione walk in, followed by McGonagall. She lead us to her desk and gave us all detention for being out of bed. Great.

-The Next Day-

Our detention was going to be at night with Filch. Oh why did I follow Draco in the first place?

When night came, me and Draco head to the entrance hall to meet Filch, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Once we got there, the other three still didn't arrive.

"I can't believe you, (L/N). If it weren't for you, I would be sleeping right now. But, you just had to be stupid and ratted me out. Way to go, mudblood." Said Malfoy. I ignored this. My curiosity just got the best of me. Is that bad? Soon the others come and we head out. We make our way to Hagrid's hut.

He says that we have to help him do some work in the Forbidden Forest. Draco complains that we can't go in there, but we do anyway. We have to look for any dead unicorns. That's sad. Who would kill a unicorn? Hagrid tells us to split up. I go with Harry and Hagrid while Draco goes with Hermione and Ron.

We walk deep into the forest. We don't see any unicorns. Then we hear a scream. We run towards where the scream was. We see Hermione wearing a scared expression. Draco is laughing his head off. He had scared Hermione.

"Draco, that isn't funny at all. Okay new groups. Harry and (Y/N), you go with Malfoy here. Ron, Hermione- you're with me. Let's go" says Hagrid angrily. Clearly, he's pissed off at Draco.

We walk slowly into the forest. I'm in the middle of the boys. I hear a branch snap and gasp in fear. Harry and Draco look at me. We keep walking until we see a dead unicorn. Ohh, so sad. But above it is a black hooded figure. I start to run away when I feel someone grab my wrist tightly. Draco. His eyes were filled with tears of fear. I could see that his foot was caught in a branch.

I bend down and make the grasp of the tree branch loose on Draco's foot. Then I grab his hand and hoist him out of the trap. I pull with all my might and fall backwards; but at least I freed Draco. He lands next to me, his head facing towards mine. He lifts himself up and offers his hand to mine. I take it and lift myself up. I brush my robes clean and look up at Draco.

"Uh...thanks. For, you know, for getting me out of there. Really appreciate it." Mumbles Draco.

"Hey. It's no problem, really. That thing was really creepy." I say back.

"It definitely was scary, little mudblood." He says with a smirk. I avert my eyes from his. First he's thanking me then he's insulting me. There's something fishy about this boy...