Welcome Home

As we pulled into the driveway, Aaron became very paranoid. He made us leave the food in the truck and hurry into the house.

"What's wrong Aaron?" Zach said holding his wound. Blood was still seeping through the gaps in his fingers Aaron just looked around then ran to the living room. Cailey was just walking out of the kitchen.

"Drayton is that you? Did you get th-" she stopped when she met eyes with Aaron. The room was silent. Then behind me Zach walked in the door.

"Honey, I'm home!!" Zach yelled as he entered.

"Upstairs, Babe, did you grab soap while you were out?!" Hannah yelled from her room. I looked back and forth at Aaron and cailey, who were still silent.

"So.." I murmured awkwardly. Aaron started to move towards Cailey while she did the same. They embraced tightly in the center of the room. I couldn't help but smile.

"You're awake.." Aaron cried. Cailey giggled while she cried tears of joy.

"And you're alive." She replied, still holding him tightly. Then she pulled back, as if angry. "Wait, how ARE you still alive?"

"It doesn't matter. I'm here now." Aaron chuckled. Hannah came down the stairs in her robe and had wet hair. She took one look at Aaron then stopped.

"Hannah, this is my good friend, Aaron Brody." I said confidently. Her jaw dropped.

"THE Aaron Brody? The one that died in the process of creating an antidote?" Hannah asked in awe.

"That's me." Aaron assured. Just then, ty walked into the room. He took one look at Aaron then froze. Until I heard a scream from outside the backdoor. I bolted for the door and burst outside. It was Elizabeth who had screamed. And for a good reason..

"What happened?!" I asked from behind, as the others started to gather. Then I saw him.. Tim was lying on his back with a knife sticking out of his chest. Parker rushed to his side. Parker sobbed over his fallen friend.

"Please no!! Oh god no!! Don't leave me Tim.." Parker sobbed. I knelt beside him and looked into Tim's cold lifeless eyes. He was going to do great things.. I looked down at the knife that was impaled in his chest. It had a long bronze handle.. It was Emilie's.

"Where did she go.." I growled. The rage was about to reach its maximum level. I looked at the group behind me and Emilie wasn't there. I went to Emilie's hut to find her but she wasn't there.

"Why would she do something like this?.." Big Ben asked me.

"Ever since we got back from the hospital... She just..." Brianna started to cry. I shut my eyes.

"She must've gone crazy.. Hunger and struggles do that.." Elizabeth said, still pale.

"This is my fault..." Aaron whispered in shock. I looked to him still under the power of the rage.

"What are you talking about? How is this your fault?" I asked Aaron. He just shook his head.

"They said they had someone on the inside.. They meant her..." He whimpered. I grit my teeth in rage.

"You knew? And did nothing to stop it?!" I shouted. When I realized I was getting too angry I sighed.

"What do we do now, Dray?" Ty asked from the back of the crowd.

"We get the hell out of here."