Chapter 2

*Name change! It's now Mariana Torres!*

I woke up to the smell of maple syrup, and pancakes. I knew that the only reason there's breakfast downstairs is because my mom is sober and in a good mood.

This is the mom I've always wanted to have.

I threw on some clothes after I took a quick and hot shower, and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Hi, baby! How'd you sleep?" She asked. She came over and kissed my forehead, but I flinched back.

"What's wrong?" She asked. She seemed worried. "Nothing, it's just that I know you'll be drunk again tonight and you won't act so nice." I said. When she's sober, she's easier to talk to. If she were drunk right now, I'd have to apply my makeup all over again.

"Please, sit." She said. I sat down across from her at the table. She passed me a plate of pancakes and smiled. I passed them back. "Not hungry." I said with a straight face, but she just nodded and continued. She grabbed my hands.

"I'm sorry. I've been getting drunk a lot lately, and I haven't been the best mom." She said. I just sat there looking down. "You always say you're sorry, but then you always go back and get drunk again and then abuse me." I said.

"Baby, please forgive me!" She said as a tear dropped from her face. "I know, and I'm going to try and get better from now on, just bear with me?" She said as more of a question. I shook my head 'no' and released my hands from her grip. I grabbed my things, and headed for the door.

She followed me and tried to stop me by holding my shoulder. "At least, take this. I think this should make you happy. It'd be good for you to go. There's no refunds." She said handing me a red box. I grabbed the box, and shook her hand off of me. "You need help." I said before walking out of the door and slamming it behind me.

I began the walk from home to school, when I remembered that I still had this red box in my hand. I curiously opened the box to reveal a ticket to a Demi Lovato concert. Are you kidding me? Out of all of the concerts, you have to give me tickets to a Demi Lovato one?

It's a V.I.P ticket, which included access to soundcheck, a meet and greet, and a front row seat at the concert. I mean, I could sell it, but she'd know that I didn't go. If she found out that I sold it, and she's drunk when I get home... I'd be in some serious trouble.

I tuck away the tickets and made my way to school. I didn't see Mila on the way, so I assumed she's already there, or she's sick.

I walked into school to see all 3 of them standing there, waiting for me. I smiled, and gave my fist bumps out, like I always do.

"How was your morning? You look pretty rough!" Camren said to me. I laughed, "Thanks for that. But, uh... I'm a bit upset. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm a brat, but my mom bought me a V.I.P ticket to Demi Lovato's concert tomorrow night, and I have to go." I said.

Of course, Mila and Camren began to freak out. "You mean to tell me, that you have a V.I.P ticket to Demi's concert and you don't want to go?" Mila said jumping up and down on my arm. I rolled my eyes, and stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Do you guys want to ditch today? I just got my allowance and we can spend it at the mall?" I asked. Jaxon and Camren looked like they didn't want to, so I turned to Mila. "Of course, let's go!" She said.

"Bye!" We both said to Jaxon and Camren as they began to walk the opposite direction. Mila and I linked arms and walked out of the doors of school again, making sure not to get caught.

The mall was only down the street, so we didn't have a long way to go. I never buy anything besides sweatshirts, and leggings, but Mila always finds cute clothes. I don't mind spending my money on her, because she's my best friend, and I appreciate her for being there for me.