Chapter 17

*Mariana's POV*

It's awful. No, my adoptive family isn't abusive, but they're too nice. Nobody is this nice and it's impossible for people to be this happy. If I have to stay in here much longer, I might just actually kill myself one of these days.

I trust Demi. I know she's doing everything she can to get me back. She just has to be.

*ding*

I picked up my phone and noticed that I had just received a text.

From: Unknown
Hi, beautiful. Where do I pick you up?

I smiled and immediately recognized the phone number as they boy who I met the other at Starbucks.

To: Unknown
How did you get my number though?

It's didn't take him long to reply. Usually, boys play games. I don't know why they play those games. Instead of saying what they want to say.

From: Unknown
That's for me to know and you to find out ;)

Okay, I'm going to act like that's not sketchy.

To: Unknown
Things are very complicated for me right now. I don't think I'll be able to go out. Matter of fact, I can't. They won't let me. :(

I hate this family. I tried to go out to the store down the street for some candy, but they told me that I wasn't allowed to leave the house. I'm glad that they didn't remember to take my phone.

From: Unknown
Please, beautiful. Come out with me. Sneak out. You're smart. You won't get caught! :*

I laughed. If he thinks that I'm smart, then he's going to be extra surprised when he find out that I'm stupid.

To: Unknown
Send Location.
Fine, I'll sneak out. But, only for you. See you when you get here :)

I quickly rushed out of the kitchen and up into my unicorn bedroom. I'm fucking 15, why would they give me something so childish. I can't even think straight.

I heard a car horn and well, fuck. Didn't I say I was sneaking out of the house? Way to draw attention to yourself.

I ran to my window and began to climb out onto the roof. As soon as I was there, I began to think that this wasn't such a good idea. I grabbed my bag, shut my window, and carefully climbed down the side of the house.

Thankfully, I was unnoticed.

Opening the door to get into his car, I screamed, "Drive!" laughing. And, with that, he sped off down my street. Usually there's old people down my street. I was hoping he'd hit one.

"That was so not a great idea!" He said laughing as he parked his car near the park. He reached for his door, got out of the car, and came over to open my door for me.

He handed me a rose from behind his back.

"Where did this come from?" I laughed. He shrugged and winked at me. If this guy isn't the sexiest guy on earth, then I don't know who is.

"Let's go." He said pointing to a park bench on the other side of the park. I nodded, and his hand found mine.

"So, tell me about your life" I quietly said. I noticed his face dropped, so I stayed quiet until he was re- if he was ready to talk.