Chapter 19

*Mariana's POV*

"You're absolutely ridiculous." I spoke into the phone, pacing around the living room. Demi sat her coffee down on the table and pretended to answer a phone call. She fails to realize I'm not stupid.

"What? Who do you think you're talking to?" Maddie said.

I can't believe this bitch. I'm older than her and she thinks I have to respect her? Try again.

"I'm Mariana Lovato and I believe I'm also Chris' girlfriend. Obviously, you didn't know because I saw you on the news kissing him!" I yelled.

She chuckled, "Listen, I was just in the neighborhood doing a photoshoot and I ran across Chris, an old boyfriend of mine. If you have a problem with how friendly we were acting, you can take it up with him. After all, he did kiss me first."

I don't know why I keep forgiving him. I should've known. How am I so stupid? Maybe Demi has reason to believe I'm stupid.

"No, you listen. If you think that you're going to talk to me any kind of a way and disrespect me and my boyfriend then you're wrong. You're messing with the wrong one. Keep your hands and your lips off of my boyfriend and that's the last time I'm saying it." I said angrily.

"Don't try me, bitch." She said and with that she hanged up the phone.

I sighed and Demi came back downstairs. "Is everything okay?" She asked. I gave her a glare, I don't know if she's just trying to be funny, but she's very close to being told off. I sat down and scrolled through Twitter and all of the pictures of Maddie kissing my boyf- Chris.

*Ding Dong*

I looked over at Demi who looked at me, but didn't get up. I rolled my eyes as she laughed. I made my way over to the door and opened it to reveal Chris with flowers in his hand. Without thinking, I raised my hand and slapped him across his face.

He dropped the flowers and grabbed my neck, pressing me against the wall. As I struggled to breathe, he squeezed harder and harder making my voice weaker and weaker. He eventually let go and his eyes grew softer.

"You know I love you." He said as I was gasping for air.

Demi ran up the stairs to where we were. "Is everything okay?" She asked. Damn, Demi. Does everything look okay?

I began to open my mouth, but Chris kicked me in the leg. "Uh, yeah." I said softly. She eyed me suspiciously, "Well, why is your neck red?" She asked. I froze and then looked at Chris.

"You know what us teenagers say these days, choke me daddy." I said laughing uncomfortably.

Demi sighed and left back downstairs. "Hoe" she mumbled, making me laugh harder than I was before. Chris grabbed my arm and dragged me out to his car. I opened the door and sat in the seat before placing my headphones in my ears.

He tapped my leg as he parked the car and got out. I sighed and did the same, meeting him behind the car. He grabbed my hand and led me over to a park bench as we sat down.

He smiled at me and then held my chin, "I love you." He softly said as he pressed his lips against mine. I tried to kiss back, but the sparks that I were waiting for didn't arrive. I moved back as his phone began to ring.

"Hi, baby." A familiar voice spoke through his phone. He tried to hang up, but I snatched the phone from his hand and took it as I was face to face with Maddie.

"You bitch!" I screamed into the phone. Chris grabbed his phone back, hanged up, and picked me up before slamming me into a tree. I began to feel faint, but I stood up and looked him in the face. He pulled his hand back and released it as it collided with my cheek.

I couldn't see clearly, but I saw Kayleen running up from behind him and pulling him back. I slid my way down the tree and onto the grass.

"What the hell are you doing to her? Can't you see she's hurt?" Kayleen said pushing him back. I wanted to stand up and defend myself, but I'm much too weak. Chris attempted to push her, but she grabbed his hands and tied them behind his back before slamming him into the tree.

Go best friend, that's my best friend.

"Don't think about bothering her again at all, or else you'll have to deal with me. Now, leave." She said as she let him go. He grabbed his phone and his keys as he turned away to go to his car.

She came over to me and helped me up, but it didn't do any good because all I did was fall back down again. "Thank you." I mumbled, and she nodded and smiled. She picked me up into her arms and began the long walk to my house.

I closed my eyes the whole walk and thought about everything. I technically didn't break up with him, but I hope he takes the hint and leaves me alone. I'm officially now a single girl.

As we reached my house, she carried me up to my room and placed me on my bed. "T-thank you." I said. She smiled and placed the covers over me.

"I think you should leave him." She said. I rolled my eyes. "Obviously" I replied, laughing.

"I'm scared." I said. I don't know what Chris is capable of, and it's clear that he has some kind of a disorder. I really do fear life for him.

Kayleen bent down and gave me a hug. "You should get some rest." She said. I nodded and quietly shut my eyes, but suddenly jumped up after I heard a crash coming from downstairs.

"Sorry! I didn't like the mug when I bought it anyway!" Demi screamed from downstairs, making me laugh.

Oh, Demi... you need help.

————————
A/N- I'm sorry for such a late update! I hope you enjoyed this small chapter. Next chapter will be longer and better, I promise. Thank you for the votes and comments! You're the best!

-hermosaddlovato ❤️