Chapter 11

"Get up! We're going to be late!" Demi whined as she tried to wake me up. I looked at my phone and realized that we were supposed to leave around ten minutes ago. I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and quickly threw on a sweatshirt and sweatpants before grabbing my things and following Demi out of the door.

"I'm sorry." I said. I was half asleep so, I don't know if she understood or not. She laughed as she started the car and pulled out of the long driveway. I slept through the whole car ride and before I knew it, she began shaking me again!

I groaned but I decided not to give her any problems. I grabbed my things and followed her into the airport and into a door labeled with her name. "Where are we going?" I asked her. This door wasn't near any other planes. "To the private jet." Demi smirked. I smiled a bit. I haven't been on a private jet.

It didn't take long to get into our seats and take off. We had to wait for Max to arrive though, but he rushed through security. "I'm tired." I yawned. Demi looked up and grabbed my hand before leading me to the back of the jet.

"I'll wake you up before we land." Demi said smiling. I nodded and closed the door and cuddled up against the wall. Yes, I cuddle with walls... I don't have anyone else. Soon enough, I fell into a deep sleep.

I'm sure it's been hours since I've fallen asleep, which is why I hear Max's deep voice. "We're about to land." He said smiling. I nodded, and tried to sit up, but Demi's arms were wrapped tightly around me. I laughed a bit before squeezing out of her grip. I thought she was supposed to wake me up! She sat up and immediately began crying.

"Demi? What's wrong?" I said. She looked up at me and wiped her tears. "I-I was in the studio and Phil bumped into me and made me spill my coffee all on the floor! A-And I tried to go and get more, b-but it was all gone!" She whined. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I grabbed her hand and basically dragged her to the front.

As I was sitting, I found myself getting nervous. I began to violently shake my leg until Demi put her hand on it to stop it. "Are you okay?" She asked. I shook my head, "No, I don't think they'll like me. I mean, you see how your mom reacted?" I said. She smiled a bit to ensure me everything was okay. She kissed me on my forehead and whispered in my ear that everything was going to be okay.

It wasn't long before we were off the jet and standing outside of the airport waiting for her family. "Mom! Dad!" Demi screams out of the blue. I smiled a bit, just so that they won't think anything is wrong with me. I'm perfectly fine, right? No, I'm dying inside. I see Demi's step-dad walking towards me, so I smile harder. I hope he's nothing like her mom.

"You must be Mariana. I'm Eddie, Demi's step-dad. If you didn't already know, my wife over there is Demi's mom and her name is Diana." He said as he hugged me tightly. I must admit, he's a nice person. I looked towards Demi and Diana's direction only to see Diana giving me dirty looks while Demi is staring at us. I smile nervously at Demi while she's smiling from ear to ear as always. "Let's get back to the house?" Eddie said. Demi nodded as she reached for both of our suitcases.

The car ride was silent except for Demi's loud laughs. They make me laugh every time. She held my hand the whole ride while I snuggled into her side. She's comfy.

We pulled up to a large brick house and Demi squealed as we parked in the driveway. I guess she's missing home. "Baby girl, let's go." She said smiling. I smiled and followed her into the house while Eddie grabbed our bags.

"I've already prepared dinner. It's ready." Diana said smiling to Demi. I can't believe somebody like Demi came from somebody like her. I don't understand why she's so rude and hates me so much. I mean, I kind of do, my mom hates me.