Chapter Six

Rose watched in disgust as Tasha pushed her skanky body against Dimitri's. However, she was happy to note Dimitri looked anything but turned on by it. He looked revolted and honestly almost frightened. Rose couldn't quite work it out, but he was evidently not liking Tasha's attentions, and couldn't get away from her quickly enough. He said something to Tasha as he pushed her away. Rose wasn't close enough to hear what, but it obviously wasn't encouraging or friendly.

Tasha looked at Dimitri in surprise for a moment, before regaining her composure. She turned around, eyes heading towards where Rose and her friends sat, but Rose looked away before she could be caught observing, instead appearing as though she was speaking with Camille who thankfully had turned to Rose at the same moment.

"Did you see that?" Camille gasped, looking at Rose in alarm.

"I did, but I'm not going to give Tasha the satisfaction of knowing it," Rose said meaningfully, lifting her eyebrows at Camille.

"Then you'd better move, she's coming over."

Rose mentally swore. There'd be no avoiding that thot now. No way was she going to let the bitch know she'd gotten to her, though.

Like almost everyone at St Vlad's, Rose knew Tasha. They'd gone through elementary and middle school together. While they'd never been enemies, they'd never hung out in the same squad. Actually, Tasha never really had a squad. She kind of flitted on the outskirts. In her younger years she'd often hung out with her older siblings, but as the years went on and they left St Vlad's, she seemed to attach herself to the biggest trouble maker on campus – no matter who it was at the time. That's how she'd ended up expelled; she and a senior had been caught vaping pot in the teacher's car park.

"Hi guys," Tasha said brightly, coming over to their group. "Great game wasn't it?"

Everyone turned toward her, even though they'd rather not.

"Tasha. Shouldn't you be on your back with your legs open for some guy somewhere?" Christian said nastily.

"Fuck off, Chrissy. If I wanted to hear your whiny voice, I'd stay at home where I can't avoid you." Tasha gave Christian a withering look.

"I'd be the only guy you did try and avoid," Christian said under his breath but still loud enough for everyone to hear, earning amused looks from those present.

Ignoring him, Tasha continued. "Did you see how powerful Dimitri looked tonight? Just seeing those strong arms of his did things to me..."

"Something half the guys at Lincoln High have no doubt also done to you," Mia said nastily, earning a chortle from Christian. There was no love lost between Mia and Tasha, and now Mia was dating Eddie their mutual dislike had got even worse.

"Maybe if you girls gave your guys a bit, they wouldn't go looking elsewhere," Tasha commented to Mia, but actually referring to Rose and Dimitri. Rose was clenching her fist to knock Tasha's teeth out but was saved by Eddie's quick rejoinder.

"Tasha the only thing you can give a guy better than any other girl is an urgent need to get checked out at the clinic." He nuzzled against Mia, slipping his arms around her proprietarily. Camille giggled, and even Lissa's well-mannered façade slipped a little, a tiny smirk appearing on her usually impassive features.

Out of the corner of her eye, Rose could see Dimitri nervously approaching their group. He was looking between Rose and Tasha with concern. And as much as she hated what he'd done, at that moment she hated Tasha even more. Carefully stepping out onto the court, she approached Dimitri.