// sleep //

// sleep //
word count: 531
"A-Anything for you."

I stared up at the ceiling, my mind counting the time as I clenched the bed sheets.

2:31 AM.

Maybe if I keep on staring at the wall, I'll pass out and finally get some sleep.

2:32 AM.

This is taking forever, why aren't I asleep already?

2:33 AM.

Screw it, I'm texting Peter.

Y/N/N: 

pete

:) are you awake?

Petey:

Yeah, of course :)

Are you okay?

Y/N/N:

i feel like such a child but

i can't sleep

Petey:

Nightmare?

Y/N/N:

no it's just that i haven't been able to sleep since

you know...

Petey:

Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped

Y/N/N:

i didn't want to bother or worry you

Petey:

I love you, how could you say that?

Unreceived

You wouldn't ever bother me.

Be there in five

Y/N/N:

sigh go through the window

Five minutes into the night, a knock sounded from my window. Opening it up, a smile formed on my face. My best friend grinned back, climbing into my bedroom. Shutting it behind me, I found myself wrapping my arms around his waist. 

"Thank you so much," I whispered, words muffled into his shirt, "You're the best."

He chuckled, "A-Anything for you."

Peter guided me to my bed, laying me down. He laid with me, a comfortable silence falling upon us. He pulled me closer to him, arms around my waist. I gently grabbed a hold of his shirt and let out a shaky breath. Feeling safe and secure in his arms, I relaxed immediately and shut my eyes.

"So, you said you haven't slept s-since your uh-"

"Since my parents passed, yes," I finished with a hushed tone.

Peter went silent and still, his embrace tightening just the slightest bit more. "It's been a while."

"I know... but I've got you to help me, right?" I open my eyes and look at him, catching his eye, "I'll be fine as long as I've got you, Ned, Michelle - I couldn't ask for more."

His smile widened, "You'll always have us. You know, you could always just stay with me and my Aunt May."

"You're always such a sweet gentleman, Peter," I commented, "Thank you. I'd love to stay with you and your aunt someday."

The conversation faded into soft breaths. I focused on his heartbeat, music to my ears. He relaxed completely and absentmindedly began playing with my hair, curling it around his fingers and running his hand through my H/C locks. I melted in his arms, Peter being my shield of happiness and safety. He shifted slightly, feeling his gaze on my face, my eyes closed.

"... Stay with me tonight?" I pleaded, a small yawn escaping my lips tiredly.

Peter responded, "When you wake up, I'll be right here for you."

"Promise?"

"I promise," he gently pressed his lips to my forehead, "Good night, Y/N. Wake me up if you need anything."

A deep blush rushed up to my face, suddenly grateful for the darkness my room had collected from the night sky. Biting my lip to prevent smiling and squealing like a little school girl, I pecked his cheek.

"Good night, Pete," I muttered, "Love you."

"... Love you too."