// trick-or-treat // pt.1

word count: 1010 
"I'm er- Parker, I mean- Peter... Parker Pete- Peter Parker. I'm Peter Parker."

"C'mon, Y/N! I need candy or else I won't be able to function properly," Harrison, Y/N's younger brother, whined as he tugged at her hand.

It was Halloween; Harrison's favourite time of the year. Their apartment door was fully decorated with fake cobwebs, plastic spiders and fake blood, all purchased at the Dollar Store. Every year, Y/N never had a choice whether or not to take Harrison out for trick-or-treating. Of course, she was also in charge of getting him a new costume. Last year, a zombie; this year, a Spider-Man costume. Not only did it waste her money, but she had to buy one for herself as well, according to her mother. She dressed up as Rey from Star Wars; because her whole life was basically Star Wars.

Y/N checked her hair once more, tucking one stray H/C hair back into place. She rotated her body slightly, her eyes roaming through the mirror at her reflection. Harrison groaned, dragging her across the hallway. She skidded to a stop and yanked her hand from his, letting out a dramatic puff of air. Harrison collected his orange bucket, along with a can, which had sticky, white string inside - or his "spiderwebs".

Y/N unlocked the front door as Harrison skipped beside her, a wide grin on his face. She chuckled softly, closing the door behind her. "Let's just go around the building, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever, sis."

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•

"Haz, my legs are killing me. Can we go back?" Y/N was dragging her feet, her hair falling against her face and jawline. She let out a loud yawn, rubbing her E/C orbs with the back of her hand.

The two siblings had been walking around, knocking on apartment doors for at least an hour and Y/N was about to pass out. Harrison was still bouncing on his toes, his bucket nearly full of sweets. They had travelled to more than half of the apartments and Y/N was already feeling incredibly drowsy.

"One more," Harrison pleaded, "and then we can go home."

Before she could whine to her little brother, he knocked on the door and yelled out 'Trick-or-Treat!'. Y/N twiddled her thumbs impatiently, tapping her foot against the floor repeatedly. Harrison shot her a look, which she immediately shot back.

"Siblings," she uttered under her breath as the apartment door opened.

Y/N gazed up, revealing a petite teenage boy, most likely around her own age. He had brown, dishevelled hair and beautiful, hazel eyes that Y/N could stare into for hours. He was definitely cute. The boy was wearing a particular costume that made Y/N admire him even more.

"Luke," she spoke, impressed, "You pull it off."

The boy looked down at his outfit, his cheeks becoming pink and hot. To him, the girl in the Rey costume was pretty. Okay, more than pretty. She looked amazing.

"Th-thanks... so do y-you. My um, my aunt forced m-me to."

"Well, I'm Y/N."

The boy's eyes widened, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he gulped nervously. "I'm er- Parker, I mean- Peter... Parker Pete- Peter Parker. I'm Peter Parker."

'He's so adorable,' Y/N thought to herself, nearly letting out a dreamy giggle.

Harrison raised an eyebrow, looking back and forth from his sister to the boy who seemed to be shaking. He tried his hardest not to roll his eyes as he thrust his bucket up at him. Y/N quietly scolded Harrison for being rude, to which he shrugged plainly.

"Oh, r-right, sorry," Peter threw a few chocolates into his bucket, eyeing Harrison's costume with a proud smirk.

Harrison muttered thanks. "You like Spider-Man, huh?" Peter asked, crouching down to his level, watching his face alight.

"Hell yeah! Spider-Man is freaking awesome! He's like thwip, thwip, pew!"

Harrison, without a thought, sprayed the white string from his can into Peter's face, his face scrunching up in surprise. Y/N's jaw dropped, lost for words as she scrambled to push Harrison away, trying to get the string off Peter's clothes as he brushed away at his head.

"I am so sorry, Peter," Y/N squeaked. She saw in the corner of her eyes, Harrison biting his lip to prevent laughing. Peter shook his head and somehow, his cheeks became even pinker. He gave her a sheepish grin, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"I-It's okay, really."

Y/N glared back at her brother, sighing in frustration. She smiled shyly back at Peter, gently patting his shoulders and smoothing them. He stared at his shoes before getting up and dusting himself off, his hands gripping the door. Y/N did the same, not aware of Peter's heart beating a thousand miles an hour. Y/N placed her hands on her hips, both Peter and Y/N staring at each other.

"Ahem."

She snapped out of her trance, shaking her head slightly. "We better get going. Er, may the force be with you," she stammered, "Happy Halloween. I hope to see you around, Peter."

"Y-You will be, I'm sure," Peter waved at the siblings who were walking back to their apartment.

He sighed as he closed the door behind him, a content smile growing on his lips. Peter fist-bumped the air, squirming happily. He whistled an upbeat tune, having a small bounce in his step.

Aunt May watched from the kitchen, stifling a laugh through pursed lips. She was observing the scene at the door from the kitchen, taking note of the pretty girl, Y/N. Peter froze, his eyes locked with May's, who instantly looked away.

"What's with the smile, Pete?"

Peter fidgeted on his feet, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh, Halloween spirit?"

May hummed, proceeding to cook dinner. "Yeah, okay tough guy. It was a girl."

"W-What? A-A girl? Pshh, no! No way!"

"You're blushing."

"May!"

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•

happy halloweeeeeeen! spooky scary skeletons ;)

haven't published a chapter in a thousand years; apologies! i've been really busy with school, as usual.

thanks for 200+ views! i'm over the moon!

this chapter is a bit sloppy and rushed, but i hope you like it anyway! have a wonderful and spooky week.

-l x