// trick-or-treat // pt.2

word count: 1346
"How do you even know where I live?"

Halloween had passed a few days before. It was now November and Y/N could not get that boy, Peter, out of her head. He was undeniably cute and precious, she had no trouble admitting that. But Y/N was beating herself up about not making any efforts to see him again, despite how many times her mind screamed at her to just break through his apartment door. Harrison did not make it any easier, teasing her about having a "big lady crush on the nerd who lives below us".

She shivered as her boots clicked against the pavement, the lamp-posts flickering in the night. She ignored the mysterious sounds of the alleyways, letting the wind that nipped at her nose to make her cheeks grow flustered and pink. Y/N let out a long and shaky breath of cold air, invading her vision in a white cloud. She stepped over piles of orange and red, crispy leaves from Autumn trees, her eyes nearly unable to keep open. As if on cue, a figure of red and blue landed in front of her from the building next to her.

Y/N yelped, placing a hand over her racing heart, her breath quickening. "What the hell, Spider-Man?"

The friendly neighbourhood superhero carried all his weight on one foot, then transferring it to the other. He rubbed the back of his neck with his gloved hands, letting out a nervous laugh. "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to scare y-you," Spider-Man chuckled, "I just saw you walking alone and you seemed pretty tired. It's also really late at night a-and I thought... maybe I could walk you home? J-Just in case."

Y/N had recovered from her near heart attack, jabbing his suited chest with a finger. "Not cool, Spidey. A warning would've been nice," she smiled, "but I suppose you could walk me home. Also, who knew the Spider-Man from YouTube stuttered?"

He shook his head, emitting a playful scoff. Spider-Man offered his arm out for Y/N, who took it without hesitation. With their arms tangled together, they both began to walk through the dimly lit streets.

"What a gentleman," Y/N teased, nudging him with her shoulder.

"I try." His voice frustrated her. It sounded so familiar, she just didn't know how it was. Who was it that sounded like Spider-Man? Who stuttered like Spider-Man?

"I'm Y/N," she added, "my brother, Harrison, is in love with you."

"That's... nice. I'm Spider-Man."

"I know. Except, Spider-Man's not your name."

"Well I can't tell you my real name, can I?"

"You could," she smirked.

Spider-Man glanced over at Y/N, tilting his head in mock amusement. "And I won't."

Y/N smiled at the taller man beside her, who distracted himself with the cracks in the ground. It seemed a bit creepy, staring at him. He eventually turned to her, the whites of his mask widening as he noticed her watching. Spider-Man coughed, snapping his attention towards the floor again. "So, how was Halloween for you?"

"Nobody told me that pumpkins rot. It was disgusting, Spidey. You have no idea," Y/N complained, flailing her free arm in frustration, "and I carved a really cool Darth Vader into it and everything!"

Spider-Man laughed, shaking his head. "Did you go trick-or-treating?"

"I always do. Did you?" Y/N asked, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"Er, no."

Nodding, she squeezed his arm and shuffled closer to him, trying to sink into his body warmth. Y/N noticed his muscles tensing, his posture straightening. A light blush dusted over her cheeks, her eyes avoiding his masked ones, distancing herself away. The conversation died, replaced by an awkward silence that both despised.