// is this seat taken? // pt.2

word count: 1541 
"Y/N, you are driving me crazy."

creds: @mixed-fanfictions (thank you for the amazing idea, my love!)

Two days at Midtown turned into four, then eight, then two whole weeks. Fourteen days was enough to bring the three, Ned, Peter and Y/N, closer together. The two boys admired her, how she wore casual clothes and never made any efforts to fit in with the crowd. Peter found it harder and harder to communicate with her verbally, instead occasionally using his hands to sign his words as a substitute; she found it hilarious.

Peter would be lying if he said that he never felt his stomach turn whenever she turned to him and smiled. He'd be lying if he said that he was not aware of how Y/N would blush and hide her face behind a book, whenever either of them subtly complimented her. Peter had noted all the little quirks of Y/N L/N and all the things she did that he loved.

 He now had a reason to walk through the hallways with confidence, a bounce in his step. He knew that just a few sharp corners away, Y/N was stood at her locker with a different novel than the day before in her hands. He knew that her face would light up at the sight of him, pushing her glasses further up the bridge of her nose. She always wore the most comfortable looking clothes in the universe and Peter found it attractive - hell, he found everything about her attractive.

"Peter! Mornin'," she'd chirp, surprisingly enthusiastic for a new day.

But this day wasn't so bright.

 Peter had a feeling that the day would run... differently, yet he merely pushed it to the back of his mind. He walked through the school corridors, ignoring the many students bumping into him harshly without muttering any sort of apology. Peter arrived at Y/N's locker, expecting the same beautiful, Australian girl to be waiting there for him with a book in her hands.

No one.

Peter pulled out his phone from his back pocket, opening up to his and Y/N's messages. He speedily typed up a text, then shoved his phone back into his jeans. 

Peter:
Where are you??
Read

Frowning, he glanced around, only to be swarmed by flocks of teenagers as the bell rang for class. Peter furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head as he raced off with the crowd. A hand wrapped around his arm, forcing him to swerve around and turn to the person. Peter hoped it was her. Much to his dismay, it wasn't. Just Ned.

"Dude, where's Y/N? You two always walk to class together," Ned asked, his eyebrows raised.

Peter shrugged and rolled his eyes. "I don't know, Ned. I haven't seen her," he replied, "she'll turn up eventually."

Ned slumped his shoulders, retracting his hand from Peter and walking alongside him. Peter let out a disappointed sigh under his breath when he didn't see Y/N enter the classroom at any point during the lesson, his eyes trained completely on the door. He reassured himself that she'd walk through that doorway soon, but worry and concern grew inside him. Peter tightened his grip on his pencil, tapping onto the desk impatiently.

Y/N was always early to school. She'd wake up as the sun rose and send him and Ned a message, a mere 'Good morning!' everyday. Peter couldn't help but feel the need to check if she had replied to his message every five minutes, yet he still got nothing.

Did he do something wrong?

No, of course not, she'd be in class regardless if Peter did, somehow, hurt her.