// you guys are losers //

word count: 904 
"You guys are idiots."

"Nerds," Michelle muttered under her breath, flipping the page of a novel she was reading. The book was open about midway, leaning against a stack of four others and a half-filled mug. You were the one who recommended all those books to her, letting her steal them from your bookshelf.

You raise your eyebrow and faced your best friend with a questionable look. You were about to ask who she was referring to when she jerked her thumb to the left of you. You followed the direction of her finger and was met with two boys you knew all too well–Ned Leeds and Peter Parker.

They were sitting beside each other, as they did every day in the cafeteria. Both had their arms on the table, the food on their trays untouched. Ned had placed one arm on top of the other, whilst Peter had an arm propped up on his elbow, his fist holding his head up. They were staring off past your head, to the back of the cafeteria. Peter and Ned had been murmuring things to each other dreamily the whole time they were there, soft smiles on their faces and unaware that yourself and Michelle had begun to eavesdrop.

"Did Liz get a new top?"

"No, you've seen that before. But never with that skirt."

You rolled your eyes as Michelle scoffed–you wanted to, too. Everywhere you see the pair, their eyes are on Liz Allan. Whenever you hear their voices, chances are they're talking about Liz Allan. It was driving you insane.

Peter pauses. "We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy, though."

"Yeah."

Michelle's raised voice catches you off guard and you glare. "Too late." Both boys snap their attention towards you two, and your cheeks turn light pink as you smile awkwardly. "You guys are losers," Michelle told them, returning to her book.

Ned furrowed his eyebrows at her and you shrank in your seat. "Well then... why do you sit with us?"

Peter looked back and forth from his best friend and your best friend. Once, his eyes met yours, but the two of you looked away at the same time, nervous and embarrassed.

"Cause' I don't have any friends," Michelle replied.

You poked her, pouting slightly. "MJ! I am offended."

"I don't care," she smiled, nudging you playfully.

You glance over and see that Ned and Peter have given Liz their undivided attention, yet again. This allows you to drink up Peter's appearance, seeing as you hadn't seen him all day and he always looks good.

The blue sweater he was wearing made you want to smile, but you restrained because Michelle would have never let you live it down. You loved how he looked whenever he wore a sweater, knowing full well that he didn't pay any mind to what he wore. Peter always looked so cosy and warm, and you wondered what it would feel like to wear one of his sweaters.

His chocolate brown curls were obviously combed through, all neat and presentable. Though, no matter how good Peter looked, you just wanted to reach over and run your hand through his soft hair and watch it become all messy and tangled in around your fingers.

You should probably stop staring before it gets creepy, though.

Too late.

Michelle lets out a snort and your head whips around to face her. She looks mischievous, closing the book and placing it on the top of her stack. You cup your cheeks to hide the red as you avoid eye contact.

"You, Y/N," MJ began, pointing her index finger at your chest, "have got the hots for Parker."

Your mouth is wide open and running dry as you shake your head violently. Michelle is watching you freak out, amused and very, very smug. "N-No! No, what? Parker? O-Of course not, he-he's..." you trail off and sigh, lowering your voice to a whisper, "okay, maybe I do. But you can't tell anyone!"

Michelle smirked and connected her thumb and pointer finger together, dragging it across her sealed lips. You huffed, crossing your arms over your chest as you glanced back towards the two boys. Ned had a hand covering his mouth, whispering something in Peter's ear and very noticeably pointing towards you. Peter's eyes locked with yours for the second time and your cheeks were on fire.

Of course, Ned is talking about you–how long were you staring at Peter?

You decided that your tattered sneakers were far more interesting than staring at Peter. No, it wasn't. You absentmindedly tap your feet, waiting for the bright colour in your face to drain. You were so enveloped in your own little world that you didn't notice Michelle's face right next to yours, her breath fanning your neck.

"Peter's staring at you."

This alone makes you feel incredibly insecure, squirming in your seat as you raise your head. "You sure?"

"Positive," she responded dully.

Your heart beating at an impossible rate, you peek through the curtain of your hair, meeting Peter's eyes. Again. His eyes lit up, a shy smile falling on his lips and you feel like you're sinking.

Michelle sighed, shoving the pile of books into her bag and grabbing your hand. You gasp as she drags you out of your chair and out of the cafeteria. You catch a small smile on Peter's lips as he waves awkwardly, running a hand through his hair. You return it, of course, and bring your hand up to wave back when you collide with a wall.

"You guys are idiots," MJ mumbled.

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•

a/n:

this is really short. i wanted to get something out quick so, yknow, here ya go.

ok school is killing me and i never have the time to write so... stay with me i guess?? i've got a request to do next and that'll take a lONG TIME but patience is key :))

thank you all for the love and support xx

love you all,

-l x