// smile for me //

// smile for me //
word count: 574
"All of it, to the both of you, was so out of reach."

"Peter! Smile for me," you chuckled, standing three steps away from the boy you've always had eyes on.

Your phone was tucked into the palm of your hand, your thumb hovering above a white circular button on the bright screen. There was a moving portrait of Peter Parker above it, the warm sunlight hitting his skin and his chocolate brown curls. His smile was everything and so much more to you, and his magical eyes drove you insane.

A toothy grin slapped across your face as Peter faced you, his eyebrows raised. Regardless, the corner of his chapped lips raised for you and the camera on your phone, which emitted a shuttering sound as you captured the moment in time. You quietly thanked him, quickly saving it as your lock screen wallpaper.

"Can I at least see that photo - hey, come on, Y/N!" Peter's gaze was burning the back of your head as you turned on your heel, your hair blowing over your shoulder. You began to walk ahead, not bothered to wait for him.

Your breath hitched as you felt warm, coarse hands grip your waist. You nearly dropped your phone to the ground when you were pulled backwards into Peter's body, his chest moulding perfectly against the arch of your back. Your eyes fluttered shut briefly to soak in the feeling, and the tingling sensation that his hands were sending through your waist.

"Pete-" he had his head beside your own, a content smile on his lips as he examined the picture you had taken of him. Your eyes widened, and you prayed to God that he didn't notice your staring. Peter's cheeks turned a light pink and he avoided your gaze - he definitely noticed.

"I, uh - that's actually a good photo," Peter commented, "of - of me."

You watched the shapes that his mouth made when he talked, and the corners of his lips that tugged upwards when his eyes lit up. You wondered how his lips would feel on your skin. You wondered how it'd feel to intertwine your fingers with his own. All of it, you realised, was so out of reach.

You let out a sigh and shrugged, turning off the device in your shaky hands and slipping it into your back pocket. "I know," you said, trying to coat your disappointment whilst he removed his hands from you, "that's why it's my wallpaper, genius."

Peter watched your every move. The tensing of your arms and your jaw clenching, your hands squeezing into fists at your sides as you stared at your overworn shoes. He wondered how it'd feel to intertwine his fingers with yours. He wondered how your lips would feel on his skin. And Peter sighed, running a hand through the messy locks of hair on his head.

All of it, to the both of you, was so out of reach.

But you turned your head slightly to meet his longing gaze, and you sent him a smile that surely met your eyes. He returned it, and you felt yourself fall into the deep hole you were so desperately trying to get out of. You should've known that Peter fell right beside you as he caught your own beautiful orbs.

"You're such a dork," he muttered, not daring to be the one to break eye contact.

And all it was that brought you two back to the start, was a mere, shared smile.

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•

a/n:

i've been gone for a thousand years - and i will be gone again for another thousand years because life is hectic and school is just wOnDeRfUl. hope you're all well. i love you all very much. :))

- l xx