// thinking about you //

word count: 714
"It was three in the morning, and you were thinking about Peter Parker."

Your phone vibrated and you immediately sat up from your lazy position on your bed, your sheets a mess. For an hour or so, you were kicking on and off the blankets, trying to find any sense of comfort on your mattress. Now, with a tangled bush of hair on your head, you reached for the phone. Your eyes took a while to adjust to the blinding light of your lock screen, a groan passing the frown on your lips.

penis parker:
You up?

It was three in the morning, but you weren't surprised that Peter was still awake. It seemed that he never slept at all, considering he always replied in the painfully early hours of the day and looked dead at school. Your heart always tore apart when you noticed the dark circles under his eyes becoming impossibly darker, though his reassuring smile never failed to stitch it back up again.

You took no time in replying to Peter - you never did.

y/n:
unfortunately.

He responded with no time to spare as if he already knew you were awake and very sleep-deprived. This alone made you smile.

penis parker:
Well, what're you doing? It's late.

You asked yourself this. What were you doing, anyway? The clouds in your mind began to clear up when a polished portrait of Peter glowed in your head. You caught yourself grinning for no reason when you realised you were thinking about him. Peter goddamn Benjamin Parker.

If you ever told anyone, the whole school would turn to you and their jaws would drop to the ground. Y/N and Peter. Many wouldn't even know who he is. That nerd sitting silently in class, his answers always correct and his head lowered. Everyone merely walked past him, disregarding him as just another kid at their school. But to you, Peter was the highlight of your life.

You didn't know why he shone so bright in the sea of Midtown students. Maybe it was because his head never perked up unless his name was called, which only made you more interested in him. Because you wanted so badly to be the one he opened up to. Or maybe it was because Peter was so mysterious. One moment, he'd be there - the next, he wouldn't. And yet he effortlessly caught your attention every time he tried desperately to blend in with the crowd. You yourself didn't know why, but deep down you knew you did.

It was his presence - his refreshing, inviting and warm aura that, with just the thought of him, would make you think, this is enough for me. You could live off his smile, his animated expressions, his moving hands when he was trying to explain something. And his eyes - the orbs you put your entire trust in, for you knew that if Peter were to ever change, his eyes wouldn't.

You were thinking about his voice and the voice cracks and the stutters. You were thinking about how his hair looked whenever he ran his hand through the chocolate brown curls on his head. You were thinking about the beautiful sound of his laughter. You were thinking about his furrowed eyebrows whenever he was focused. You were thinking about how happy he makes you with just a short glance. It was three in the morning, and you were thinking about Peter Parker.

You knew that having Peter on your mind every day, hour, minute and second would become a neverending habit, not that you would ever intend on stopping. For the longest time, since you two first became friends, you wondered so deeply why he was always in your head in the first place. It soon became clear to you. Maybe Peter is supposed to be there.

After what seemed like hours, but was only a couple of seconds, you typed up a message.

y/n:
nothing much. what are you doing?

penis parker:
Uhhh thinking about you, actually.

Your heart fluttered and you felt as if you were going to explode. You quickly sent in another text, with an impossibly large grin wiped across your face.

y/n:
well, i suppose that makes two of us.

penis parker:
Oh. Wanna talk about it?

---

a/n:
THIS THING HAS 10K+ VIEWS AND LIKE, 290+ VOTES WHAT WHAT WHAT I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH.