// valentine's roses //

word count: 571 
"you deserve it. you deserve everything."

You woke up on 14 February, your phone buzzing with messages from friends and family. Your hand slams down onto the device and you hold it up to your face, squinting as the way-too-bright-light invaded your eyes. The first thing you always do in the morning is checking Peter's messages. It was your first priority and always gave you the motivation to get out of bed.

penis parker:
good morning! 😊
guess what today is?

y/n/n:
morning, pete.
it is the 14th of february.
i'm not wrong.

penis parker:
okay. but, it's valentines day!

y/n/n:
boooo. that means double the pda in the school hallways. 😒

penis parker:
you're such a downer.
get ready in ten, i'm nearby.

y/n/n:
what?? i just woke up. go without me.

penis parker:
my valentines treat for my lonely best friend.
end of conversation. i'm ten minutes away. 👌

y/n/n:
you're such a dork. see you soon.

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•

"So, did you get Liz something for Valentine's, Peter?" you asked.

Your arm brushed across his own as you reached up to do your locker combination, a tingling sensation running up into your shoulder. You noticed how he tensed and straightened, clearing his throat awkwardly. As your lock clicked, you turned to Peter before opening the door.

"I, uh, I didn't get Liz anything, no," Peter stammered, his cheeks going a light pink.

You were confused. Peter always rambled on and on about getting Liz gorgeous roses on Valentine's day and have her notice him. The fantasising drove you absolutely insane, but you knew you weren't in any place to stop him. Liz was Liz, and Peter would never think of you like that.

Unsure, though nodding along, you opened your locker. To your surprise, you faced a large bouquet of beautiful, blood-red roses. There was a gorgeous red bow securing the middle, making you smile until your cheeks hurt. Surrounding the bouquet were fallen petals, scattered around your locker. Embedded in the flowers was a photograph of yourself and Peter – his eyes wide and a stupid grin on his face as the small smile on your lips pressed against his cheek, your eyes shut.

In Peter's very recognisable handwriting, it wrote;
"Y/N,
Happy Valentine's Day, Angel. You're one of the best things that have ever happened to me. I hope you like these. x
- Peter"

"I wanted to get you something instead," Peter muttered, fiddling with his fingers nervously. "Do you... do you like it?"

You spin around to fully face Peter and engulf him in a hug, your face buried in his chest and your arms around his waist. He took a sharp inhale, his heart nearly beating out of his chest before he returned the embrace. Peter sat his chin on the top of your head, his coarse hands slowly rubbing your back.

You slowly raise your head and give him a toothy smile that can't seem to fade away, no matter how hard you try. "Peter Benjamin Parker," you chuckled, "I love it. Thank you so much."

His heart fluttered as you leaned up to kiss the tip of his nose, relief washing over him as the corner of his lips twitched into a smile. "You deserve it," Peter replied, raising his hand and ruffling your hair playfully, "you deserve everything."

"Shut up, Parker. I don't deserve you," you blushed, hiding your face in his blue, Midtown sweater. "Happy Valentine's Day, Pete."

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•

a/n:

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL MY BBYS. I LOVE YOU ALL.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND DON'T FORGET TO TREAT YOURSELF!!

-l x