// happy birthday //

word count: 767 
"oh, nevermind, it is my birthday. happy birthday to me."

"Y/N, come on, get up already." Peter's stood beside your bed, his leg bouncing up and down impatiently. He's been waiting for you to get up for a while now, and you've given him no sign of response.

Ignoring him, you rolled onto your side and held a pillow to your ear, snuggling deeper into your warm blankets. "We talked about this, Pete. You should really stop going through my bloody window and actually use the front door. Also, it's the bloody weekends, I don't have to get up. Leave me be."

You felt the bed dip, and you lazily rolled down the mattress and into Peter's side. He felt warm and comfortable, and you found yourself drifting more and more into another slumber. Your ears caught Peter's heavy sigh as he ran a hand through your tangled hair, silently freaking out when his hand got stuck, though he managed to successfully pull his hand out.

"It's your birthday, you know," he said, not able to disguise his own tired voice.

Your head perked up and your eyebrows furrowed. Peter sent you a sheepish smile, one that made you want to smother him in kisses – but you have self-control, so you calm yourself and shook your head.

"What are you talking about, Parker?" you laughed drowsily, "it's not my birthday."

Peter raised his eyebrow and sat back, searching your gorgeous eyes. "What are you talking about? It is most definitely your birthday."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive.

"No, it isn't."

Rolling your eyes, you sat up properly and held your hand out. "Give me my phone. I will literally prove to you, Peter–" he slipped your phone that had been resting on your bedside table into your hand, and you turned it on. The bright light made you squint, but you read the screen quickly, "–that it isn't, oh, nevermind. It is my birthday. Happy birthday to me."

He smiled with a sickening victorious look on his face, and he nodded eagerly. "Happy birthday to you."

You chuckled, ruffling your hair with your free hand. "Thanks," you replied, "what's in store for me today?"

Peter shrugged, pulling you out of bed and setting you flat on your feet against the soft carpet. You groaned softly at having to stand, and quietly complained about leaving your comfortable position in your bed. However, you completely shut up when Peter dug into his back pocket and brought out a black velvet box, his hands unusually shaky.

"Uh, Pete–"

"Y/N, I, uh, I'm kinda broke, so I-I asked Mr Stark for a favour a-and he got this... for you, um, from me. Well, t-technically from Mr Stark, but on behalf of m-me. Er," Peter stammered, his cheeks turning pink and his eyes squeezed shut.

You laughed, placing a hand on his arm and running your thumb across his skin. "Calm down, you dork."

Peter smiled awkwardly, shaking his head and letting out a heavy breath. "A-Anyway, this is for you."

He took your hand and placed the box into it, allowing goosebumps to run up your arm immediately after you felt his warm touch. You sent him a wary look, yet you opened the box with pure excitement.

To your surprise, a gorgeous silver necklace was set in the middle of a white cushioned bed. Attached to the end of the chain, was a silver logo – a spider. The same spider that was embedded into Peter's Spider-Man suit. It shimmered in the brightness of the sunlight from your open window, and you carefully held it up to examine it.

Your face broke out into a large smile. You charged into Peter, wrapping your arms around his shoulders, your face was hidden in the crook of his neck. He froze for a moment, however, responded by pulling you closer to him, easily lifting you up a bit off the floor.

"I love it, Peter, honest," you said, "thank you so much."

Peter's face was full of bright colour. His eyes were wide, his cheeks red, and his eyebrows raised to show his creased forehead. "R-Really?"

"Yes, Peter. I love it with all my heart, and I'm forever grateful for you, too."

The two of you stood there, both smiling like absolute idiots. One hand held your necklace, and the other was slowly snaking up into his hair. He tensed but quickly relaxed into your touch and low-key leaned into your hand. Peter's heart was full, and now whenever you wore that necklace, your heart would be full too.

"W-Well, thank God. I-I mean, you're welcome. You deserve it. Happy birthday, Y/N."

–––

a/n:

heyo. its my birthday. share the love. ok bye x